Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    POLAND (Europe)

New Supreme DH V3 coming in june :-)

Now everybody knows New V3 is coming in june, it costs a few hundred Euros more but stuff on bike is better and the frame looks awesome

http://www.commencal.com/web/en/bicy.../supreme-dh-v3

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    My new V3 frame should arrive tomorrow. I will post some pics shortly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

New Frame

Build starts Monday or Tuesday, just waiting on press fit BB on new Fox 40
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Supreme DH V3 coming in june :-)-imag0184.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2007
    look's very nice, size small ?
    What kind of BB is needed, Shimano pressfit SM-BB91-41A ?

zombie freerider
    Lucky! Keep the updates coming through the build. Do you have the whole kit planned out?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I do have it planned out. I am taking some parts of my 2009 Supreme DH, except for the new Fox 40 and Truvativ direct mount stem

Fox RC4 rear shock
    Formula The One front and rear brakes
    Shimano Saint cranks 165mm
    Shimano Saint derailleur and shifter
    Sram dh cassette pg-970
    Mavic 823 rim with Chris King hubs, running tubless
    Thomson elite seat post with white sunline V1 saddle
    Truvativ Boobar handle bars
    Azonic 420 pedals in white

more pics to follow shortly!! Hopefully they are using better paint now, but I just finished placing all the scratch prone areas with Crankskins clear frame protector. Install on the frame protector was simply with a little heat and it looks clear and bubble free.

I also have a green/white 2009 supreme dh frame w/ vivid 5.1 rear shock, e-13 chainguide and 2010boxxer team fork if anyone is interested??

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    what size is your frame and how tall are you?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    i like to get this v3 frame but confused on whats the right size for me small or medium ? My height is 5'8", thanks for help...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'm 5'-10" and got the medium in the new frame, but I also have the 2009 supreme dh in lg/xl, the sm/md felt too small for me. It's nice that they have more size options on the new version. I will let you know how it feels on Wednesday when the bike is complete.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    our LBS have small and medium in stock , i ordered fox 40 today and once i have the fork ill get the frame but still not sure about the size ,its my first dh bike so not sure what size. The TT difference between small and medium is .82 inch. thanks for your help.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Where do you live? If by chance you live near Reno, you can give my med. a ride to get a feel for the sizing. I have a buddy that's 5'-7" and he had no issues riding my 2009 supreme lg/xl, said it felt a little big but not bad. I know your dilema, its an investment. I would bet being 5'-8" you could either way, but for re-sale I think a med. has a bigger audience.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Almost there! Just waiting a new rear brake line now. I will be riding her this weekend! Updates to follow

New Supreme DH V3 coming in june :-)-imag0190.jpg

New Supreme DH V3 coming in june :-)-imag0191.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    wow!!!!!!!!

POLAND (Europe)
    Mine V3 arrives next week :-)

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    any idea what the frame weight? is it difficult to route your brake cable? any alternative for cable routing on outer part of frame?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Didn't weigh the frame before I started the build, but I will weigh it once its complete. Internal cable routing can be a pain, but run an old shifter cable through then wrap it around the hose and its not be that bad. I have by far the best bike mechanic in the Reno/Tahoe area helping with this build and it's gone pretty flawless except for getting the new rear brake hose in for my formulas. Should be riding it tomorrow though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    post up some pic to us dude, wanna see how you route the cable

Owner, Spoke Apparel
    In regards to the headset cups - how are they properly aligned with each other and how can you tell what angle you are using? Never built one of these before so thanks for the help.
    www.SpokeApparel.com
    T-Shirts for Mountain Bikers

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    If you want the skinny on the headset cups and want to properly set the angle, I would call my buddy Curtis O. or Randy at Black Rock Bikes here in the ReNo. They are the most knowledgeable mechanics I have ever known.

For the cable routing pull the rear shock off completely and fish an old shifter cable through the headtube to the rear brake. Its kind of tedious to get through but you'll get it. Just make sure when you pull your brake hose through that you pull from the rear to the front so the fitting doesn't have to get hung up in the frame. Use as little electrical tape as possible to firmly secure it to your fishing cable. Just remember to be highly intoxicated when you do it, that way you win no matter what.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Supreme DH V3 coming in june :-)-imag0204.jpg  

New Supreme DH V3 coming in june :-)-imag0203.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    im jealous man.. guys!!! will it look nice if i put gold chris king hubs with 2012 kashima black fork on my v3? or just black hubs? thanks...

Owner, Spoke Apparel
    Quote Originally Posted by Commi_KA View Post
    If you want the skinny on the headset cups and want to properly set the angle, I would call my buddy Curtis O. or Randy at Black Rock Bikes here in the ReNo. They are the most knowledgeable mechanics I have ever known.
    Really appreciate the referral. Surprised it is this complicated and that Commencal doesn't include instructions. This is not rocket science. A simple set of instructions should be included, imo.
    www.SpokeApparel.com

Owner, Spoke Apparel
    Found out the deal on the cups without the need of a mechanic:

The bike comes stock with the 0 degree cups.

The 0 degree cups can press in without needing to be aligned with one another as they are center-true. Commencal has not yet released any of the offset cups. The offset cups are "on the way."

If you are interested in setting up your bike with an offset, and you do not have the offset cups yet, you can use a Cane Creek angle set paired with the standard 0 degree cups that the bike currently comes with.

I was originally confused because, based on the way the 0 degree cups appeared, it looked like they might have been slightly offset......
    Last edited by meneone; 07-12-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    www.SpokeApparel.com

Owner, Spoke Apparel
    Commi: what chain guide is that? looks like an e-thirteen ls-1? tried to mount an MRP Mini G2 and it sits WAY too far back....like a half inch or more. thanks...
    www.SpokeApparel.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    i weigh the frame w/ fork 40 ,stem RF, thompson elite seatpost and just the rims ex500. it weighs 22lbs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I used the LG1+ guide. Total bike weight came in at 40.1 pounds and it rides amazing. I only have 1 day on it so far, but it was a great day. The rear shock gets pounded with mud, but Commencal says the mud guard will be available really soon on their website. I am back in NY visting the fam and can't wait to back on the bike, but on the plus side I'm heading to windham this weekend to watch the races. The biggest problem I had with this build was getting an air bubble out of the rear brake line that was trapped in the the frame. I had to ride the **** out of her and bleed it two more times. Oh and the 300lb spring that came with it is too soft. I have a 350 and a 400 on the way. What spring are you guys running??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast