Living the High Life

New Supreme DH Build

Its damn near done. Just missing the correct tires.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Its looking good man. I have the same bike but have a 888 and Rocco, white ODI ruffians, white stock rims...pretty much the stock kit build with Thomson seatpost, Diety seat post collar, Deity Dirty Thirty bars (cut to 28"), White ODI Ruffians. I got my first decent ride on it on Saturday and it was beautiful...waiting to get some good riding time this Saturday too. Enjoy it man!

Living the High Life
    Mine started as that same bike, but I swapped the parts with new ones and ones off my old bike. My old bike has the 888, wheels and brakes.

I have to say, the DHX felt better immediately compared to the ROCO.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    What does yours weigh in at? Mine right now with the tires and tubes is a hefty 45 lbs I think...so I am kind of wondering where I can cut back a little. Forcing my legs in the meantime to push the weight around is good, but when I finally enter a couple races it would be nice to drop a couple pounds.

Living the High Life
    Mine is right at 44 with all the chainstay wraps and pedals. I think I'll lose 1/2-1 pound switching tires honestly. I have a Nokian 2.5 up front and that thing is HEAVY. I'm going to run 2.35 Kenda Excavators front and rear. I have a 2.5 Excavator on order too in case I don't like the 2.35.

Keep in mind I changed nearly everything, but that was the plan when I bought it, I had all the parts ahead of time. I just got a great deal on the whole bike.

Switching from the Roco to the DHX dropped 0.2 pounds actually. That 888 you have is a decent fork, but its at least a pound heavier than the Fox 40.
    Those wheels are actually pretty heavy too, they're not actually Sun Ringle' hubs. I weighed them, they came in around 2350 I believe without rim strips. A normal set of STR8s (similar rim to the equalizer) goes around 2100 grams.

I'd suggest the tires first, then the DHX down the road. Maybe different wheels. Otherwise I'd just ride it and replace what brakes as you need it.

mtbr member
    Yeah sounds good...I'm just pumped to have the bike...its fun to ride, its smooth and plush. I also can't complain since I got it for $2K. It'll also make me appreciate the upgrades along the way when I make them. Thanks for the info on the weight, tires and shock, I appreciate the help. Cheers!

Living the High Life
    I changed tires and saved an entire pound! I went with Excavator 2.5/2.35 combo right away. I figured the small weight gain would be worth the extra traction of the 2.5.

mtbr member
    That thing is sick looking...1 lb of weight is a definite plus. I still have the 2.7/2.5 Nevegals and they probably aren't the best option, but I'll wear them down a bit more and pick up a set of something else once I get to racing a bit more. I took it out for a good ride this past Saturday and was very very happy with the bike overall. There are pictures from Pacifica in the DH/FR forum you might have seen. The bike definitely sucks up the bumps. I was definitely sweating on the hikes and pedals uphill but its worth it. Looking good though man and keep me updated on any other changes as I'm curious how everything goes with your bike as I slooowly upgrade mine. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Supreme DH

Supreme fun.

Living the High Life
    Pretty snazy paint job, all that just to match the boxxer?

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by brocelif
    Supreme fun.
    saw this rig at sol vista either today or yesterday..looks good

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Supreme DH

Thanks. DH season is finally here.

mtbr member
    This is my 09 DH .. now after 2-3 weeks is finished sorry but i dont have the photo of the bike with all the parts on.. Brakes are off coz of the goodridge upgrade ..

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1244687640 http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1244687767

Spec on the bike now is:

Frame: 2009 Commnencal DH frame
    Fork : Fox float
    Shock : Roco / #450 painted white
    Wheels : Syncros DPS 32 / 150mm rear / 20mm front
    Brakes : Hope tech V2
    Crank : Race Face Atlas FR 83mm
    Guide : E.13 LG-1 / E.13 40T ring
    Stem : Syncros FR 50mm
    Head : Chris King Green
    Bars : Burgtec
    Grips : ODI Ruffian
    Shifter : SRAM X.0
    Derailleur : SRAM X.0 Short
    Cassette : Dura Ace 12/27
    Chain : SRAM Hallow Pin PC-991
    Pedals : Wellgo MG-1 ( broke axle and pins ) garbage changed for Azonic A`s
    Seat : SDG RL
    Seat-Post : Easton EA 50 - toooo heavy gatta go
    Seat Clamp : KCNC
    Tires : Kenda 2.50 nevegals and blue groove

Goodridge brake lines, Jagwire cabels, Ti screws, Ti axle, head angle adapter -0.5 and that is it for now

Will change Fork and spring for Ti coz OEM marzo spring is heavy as hell..
    Last edited by BkNYC; 06-10-2009 at 07:41 PM.

Living the High Life
    No big upgrades, new seat post. Believe it or not, that saved 1/4 pound!

I think I'm going to change to an integrated stem. I also have a 11-32 casette, I'm going to change it to 11-26. My shifter was messed up for Angel Fire and I could only get 1/2 the range. I set it to the bottom half and didn't even notice not having the easy gears.

Here's a shot from my race run

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    No big upgrades, new seat post. Believe it or not, that saved 1/4 pound!

I think I'm going to change to an integrated stem. I also have a 11-32 casette, I'm going to change it to 11-26. My shifter was messed up for Angel Fire and I could only get 1/2 the range. I set it to the bottom half and didn't even notice not having the easy gears.

Here's a shot from my race run
    Nice picture from the race. I actually changed from an 11-21 to an 11-32 so I could climb a bit more with it. Kept the 38 up front and I am loving it but I'm not as worried about weight much either.

I would definitely go with an integrated stem. I have one on my 888 and really like it. I know somebody who just got the Point One Racing - Split Second Stem for his 40 and he was really pumped.

http://www.evisionsphoto.com/gallery...2/DSC_0019.JPG

http://www.evisionsphoto.com/gallery...2/DSC_0021.JPG

http://www.evisionsphoto.com/gallery...2/DSC_0022.JPG