Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

New 2009 Meta 6 VIP

Here's my 2009 Meta 6. Size large, total bike weight is 31.6 pounds (Frame only without shock is 8.5) Coming off a Nomad and could not be happier so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    That's a beauty! I was on a Meta 6 for the past year and it is a fantastic bike. I went for a Meta 5 for '09 because I wanted a bigger gap between my trail bike and DH bike.

on a routine expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy
    That's a beauty! I was on a Meta 6 for the past year and it is a fantastic bike. I went for a Meta 5 for '09 because I wanted a bigger gap between my trail bike and DH bike.
    Hey Dogboy, I remember you from the IH forum. I'm thinking about ditching the 6point and getting a Meta 6. How would you compare the two bikes?

mtbr member
    I absolutely love our Meta 6.2 demo bike at Go-ride.com. I rode it two times and claimed it as my own. It's still up for demo, but I have first pick of it any time we are doing a shop ride. It impressed me a lot with it's descending capabilities, but I was very surprised as to how good it climbs in both the middle and granny ring. There are a lot of mulit-pivot bikes out there that don't get the job done as well as the Meta 6.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by forceyoda
    Here's my 2009 Meta 6. Size large, total bike weight is 31.6 pounds (Frame only without shock is 8.5) Coming off a Nomad and could not be happier so far.
    That's similar to what I was expecting in my build weight wise. I'm using XT cranks and a Float 36 though. My frame was 8.44 when I weighed it and its a XL. What hubs are you using? Mine are Hope Pro IIs.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    I am running Chris King hubs right now. I just got some maxxis advantage 2.4 with wire beads and the total bike weight is 33 now but I am still happy with it.

Living the High Life
    I have 2.35 High Rollers for it right now. I was thinking of going with a 2.35 Excavator in front, 2.1 in the rear.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Sweet bike! Maybe try a 2.35" Minion DHF single ply, or an Ardent 2.25" in the front, and an Ignitor 2.1 in the rear?

Living the High Life
    Gotta switch to Kenda, they're the sponsor

mtbr member
    Ah I see...have you tried the El Moco tire yet? I just tossed a 2.35" stick-e on the front of my bike and I love it! They are a great tire.

mtbr member
    I was looking at the excavators. Little worried about going back to kenda though, the rocks of EL Paso ate the nevegals up in a month. I do need to look at going with someting a little lighter than the wire beed advantage tires i have now though.

mtbr member
    I've traditionally been a big fan of Maxxis Minions, but lately I've been riding the 2.25 Ardents and 2.25 CrossMarks. The CrossMark is awesome! Nice volume, good sidewalls, and the 60 durometer is a good compromise between grip and wear. I've also ridden the Excavators a bunch and they have awesome grip but roll very slowly.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hello,

first of all, sorry for my english, i'm a froggie.

I just wanna know the name of your pedals, they look pretty in white, as i going to buy my meta 6 in 2 days. Cheers!

mtbr member
    Hi!

Forceyoda, how tall are you?
    I want to buy a new frame, and the META 6 VIP appear in my search with a good price.
    Using my actual bike, I would go for the M... but since I`m 1,8 meters (5ft 11`) and in Commenšal Chart I would go to the L - which looks a bit on the "Large size" for me!

Didn`t you received the Joplin post?

Living the High Life
    Tkul,

I am 6,1" (184cm) and I ride a XL Meta 6. I feel great on the bike, the large felt a bit cramped. If you are that tall I would not suggest the medium. Get the large.

And here' s picture of mine!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Ithnu,

OMG!
    That`s enormous!
    You use Clip&Straps? why? i haven`t seen those for a LOOOONG time now!

Problem is that the frame in size L and XL, have a steeper headangle... and I would like to buy the new frame with at least 67║.
    Lower would be greatter!

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkul

Problem is that the frame in size L and XL, have a steeper headangle... and I would like to buy the new frame with at least 67║.
    Lower would be greatter!
    I grew up with dirt bikes and ride DH with flats. I've never been comfortable clipped to a bike. I've given it a shot 2 of the last 6 summers. Its a no go. $5,000 bike will have $20 pedals

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mydriaze
    Hello,

first of all, sorry for my english, i'm a froggie.

I just wanna know the name of your pedals, they look pretty in white, as i going to buy my meta 6 in 2 days. Cheers!
    Deity pedals. Sorry I did not see the question sooner.

mtbr member
    Ithnu,

OMG!
    That`s enormous!

Lower would be greatter!
    I am 6 foot even and a large fits fine. The head angle fells fine as well although I have not measured it. If i had to do it again I would look at the med frame though, commencal does size specific tubing and the large and xxl are considerably heavier than the medium and small frames.

Living the High Life
    My friend ordered a small Meta 5, her frame was a full pound lighter than my XL Meta 6. Pretty much what I expected.

I actually wanted a steeper head angle. I have it at 69.5 degrees with the sleeve and I lowered the Float 36 to 150mm, so its more like 70 but I haven't measured it yet. This is my XC bike and a 68.5 head angle was too slack for technical steep climbs, the bike would wheelie back too much and I'd have to jump off.

Living the High Life

Didn`t you received the Joplin post?
    Apparently the Joplin doesn't come with the frame in the US for some reason

mtbr member
    May 2004

Nice looking bike!

Will be in the market again soon (as long as paypal releases my funds after the bike I just sold is delivered). A

Anyhoo, always liked single pivot bikes but looks like these are a little bit more too. what is the bolts on the headtube? I don't think I like that but everyhting else looks sweet
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Will be in the market again soon (as long as paypal releases my funds after the bike I just sold is delivered). A

Anyhoo, always liked single pivot bikes but looks like these are a little bit more too. what is the bolts on the headtube? I don't think I like that but everyhting else looks sweet
    The hand angle is adjustable. There is a head tube sleeve in there that is tapered, you rotate it 180 degrees and you can change the head angle +/- 1 on the S/M and +/- 0.5 on the L/XL. The bolts pinch the sleeve down.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Ithnu and i both have the Supreme DH which has the same HT sleeve with the adjustable angle and I don't know about him but I have had no problem with mine, and it is a nice feature to have. I have actually started seeing other bikes coming with that as well. I race my bike and lay everything into it, and from the pictures I think Ithnu does too so I wouldn't question the strength of it. Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Guys sorry bout the grave dig, any chance of a long term review now that you have had the 09 Meta 6 for a while?

what do you like and dislike?

looking to replace my Reign X1 with one of these?
    really wanna know what will I be missing out on...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast