mtbr member
    Dec 2011

META 55 chain guide?

Hi guys,

I have a confusion here.

Since there is no tab for the chain guide on my META 55, I bought a DA BOMB RECOIL 2012 chain guide that came together with the tab for BB setup.
    Yes, I am going to 1x9 setup.

However, I found difficulty to figure out how many spacers needed on the drive side.
    According to the DA BOMB manual, it said 2 spacers but, this did not work for me.
    The chainring bolts tab for the middle ring of my XTR M970 crank rubbing the chain guide plate.

Then, I add one more spacer (now 3) but I loose the usage of the highest gear because the chain is being blocked by the top guide.

Any idea guys?

HELPPPP!!

OSM
    mtbr member
    make sure you are installing the BB spacers between the BB shell and guide, as opposed to spacers between the bearing cup and guide.
    Bicycles D'opinion/ COMMENCAL /Principat D'Andorra

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Hey! I installed an e.thirteen e-type guide on my 5.5...I ended up using one spacer between the bb shell and the guide. It actually didn't work well initially, but I figured out that part of it was a loose rear hub. Every time I cycled the pedals, the hub assembly moved very slightly. Once I got that figured out, it works almost perfectly. There's pretty much no rub now.

Maybe this isn't the issue with you, but it was an unusual solution to a similar problem.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    hi guys! i am also building a Meta 5.5 Carbon i just got and i plan to make a 1x10 -- would you guys recommend on going with an ISCG adapter, or a BB mount to keep it simpler (and maybe lighter)?