mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Meta 5.5 vs Santa Cruz Blur LT

I know posting in this section might get a couple of biased views, but I can't decide between getting a Meta 5.5 or a Santa Cruz Blur LT. I do mostly XC. Pros and cons of both anybody?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    'Single pivot' vs VPP

Living the High Life
    The Blur will pedal better naturally because its a VPP. The Meta 5 will jump better because its a single pivot. But with a good shock, Float RP23, it will still pedal great. However the Blur will track better since the rear wheel moves up and out over rocks instead of forward over them (circular arc wheel path from the single pivot).

I own a Meta 6, I wanted a burlier XC type bike. I actually looked at the Meta 5, Blur LT, Nomad, Yeti 575 and the Intense Tracer. My first choice was the Tracer actually. I felt the Blur was a little too XC, the Nomad a little to FR and the Tracer fit right between the two. But my team got a way better deal on the Commencal (I had the option to get the Tracer fairly cheap though) so I went that way.

I think the bike descends great and it pedals ok, but I'm a DH'er who wanted a XC bike that rides like my DH bike, which is a Supreme DH and I LOVE that bike.

Look at head angles, seat angles and top tube as well. A Yeti 575 large has the same dimensions as a Meta 6 XL.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.