No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Meta 5.5 Question:

Ok... so stupid question of the year. Just bought/built a Meta. Build turned out great. Will try to get some photos up on here.
    BUT, the neoprene Commencal chainslap guard that came with the frame...

Can anyone post up a photo of proper placement of it. Wasn't coming across much photo wise with google, etc.

Can't figure if it goes just on the inside of the swingarm or if it kind of goes under it as well. Just don't want to randomly stick it on.

Otherwise, I have two NOS old school jumbo ROACH swingarm guards. Was going to break one of those out and wrap the whole thing. Outside of the old school touch to the build, it would probably protect from chainslap and scratches better.

But, if the Commencal one actually works/protects pretty well if placed properly (hence my stupid question on this thread) I'd probably use it to keep the build looking sleek and clean.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Haven't seen one my self but with that type of swing arm they normally run on the inside and may be wrap underneath.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Yeah... I figured... But, it's notched. Don't want to put it too far forward and nor mout it too far back. Especially as I'm not big slapping anything adhesive wise on my frames.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

I got the velcros
    Sep 2010
    I put mine on the inside/underside, basically so the "Commencal" script reads right from the other side of the bike.

That was my only indication as far as placement, I figured they'd letter it to read right when installed right.

Between that and one of those roller chain guides...zero slap, ever. A nice change from my previous 4-bar bikes.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Great... I run 1x9 and a Gamut P20
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!