Thread: help meta 5

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

help meta 5

all,

please kindly help out here, i have noticed that my rear linkage (the wishbone one) seems to have a different length between the r and the l one. assuming that the center of the wishbone link is the seat tube. the left one is tighter in distance to the seat tube as oppose to the left one.

does anybody else s meta 5 have this?

many thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    dudes aint nobody gonna help out here? cmon people just take a look at yers linkages and tell me if its like that...pretty desperate here people

Living the High Life
    If I think I'm understanding you correctly I'd just put a washer in there. Lots of small bike manufacturers have tolerance problems. I had to shim up part of my suspension linkage with washers on my Meta6. Its been that way for nearly a year and its fine (I'm 200+ pounds with gear on).

I've learned over the years that you can't be afraid to shim/grind/etc bike parts to get them to fit.

Not that many people check this part of the forum. There is the Commencal Owner's Club you might want to check out.

Another note, if your Meta5 starts creaking there were some 2008s that had weld problems (its 7005 Aluminum and its more difficult to heat treat 7000 series AL after welding), since then Commencal has changed the company who welds for them. The 2nd issue can be the hourglass portion of your linkage, the pivots can dry out and create the creaking, pull them apart and put some grease in there. I did that with my Meta6, zero noise now.

I don't check here often but I have several Commencals and I get help from the pros at Sol Vista Bike Park, they are all on Commys and are a wealth of information.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    many thanksssss sir. ur help is indeed much appreciated. so i shouldnt worry about it huh?

Living the High Life
    The big thing to look out for in suspension and frames in general is creaking and slop. Most frames are designed so the bearings get trashed before the frame. $50-100 bucks on bearings is much cheaper than a new frame

I'd recommend keeping any washer shimming you do symmetric, use thinner washers if necessary to add the same amount to each side. That way you'll keep the loading on the frame even.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    thanks bro owe you one