mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Heckler or Commencal Meta 5?

As above, trying to decide which to go for, anyone any pointers that may help my decision either way! or any alternatives in this price range (850 gbp around $1500-1600 i think) or even better, any alternatives for less! Hecklers are pretty pricey over here so I was on the look out for a second hand one from the states but no luck. I'm after a tough 5" travel bike, that whilst can be ridden all day can take the hits of the rough stuff and me on the spur of the moment deciding to cane it off a drop

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    J--England

Welcome to mtbr

Check out the Titus Motolite and the Chumba Racing XCL (even tougher but more expensive).

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    cheers

I'm not really wanting to get anything much past that budget to be honest, only been riding again for a couple of months....ot a bit but basically started yeeears ago, raced duel,xc etc, then stopped riding all together in 2001, not dragged the bike out, not only to find all my expensive parts are extinct, but even new genres in biking has popped up, all mountain and freeriding etc, magura are doing forks and fox are the fork leaders, like i've been in stasis lol. Anyway, those 2 are ideally my choices, and also not sure about the availibility of the 2 you mentioned here in the uk, cheaper is better for me while i get fit on it then hopefully get out and do abit of racing next season

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Your in the UK, right?

Fat Tread Bikes will get you a Titus Motolite: http://www.fattreadbikes.co.uk

With your budget have you looked at Giant or Kona?

Commencal Meta 5 is getting some real good reviews.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    cheers for that link. I'm edging towards the meta 5, it's just i've alsways wanted a SC heckler. Tried them both and tbh I'd have either, just don't want to get the sc and wish i'd got the commencal or the other way round! Was also looking at a kona dawg frame, can get that for 250, as opposed to the 850 of these 2, i'm not a brand snob and will take the best for the job, but having not ridden the kona I don't know how it compares

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    What Meta 5 model and what year?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    if that link doesn't work, it's here:

http://www.realcycles.com/products.p...d=m24b0s26p786

mtbr member
    How about a Prophet?
    Remember, "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time".-D.Ritchie

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Go with the Meta 5, you won't be disappointed. The Meta 5 is an amazing bike, very solid and made to last. I rode one for 3 weeks this past summer and for me, it was better than the Heckler.

I am actually waiting for mine...

Cheers

JF

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    cheers for the info, ended up going for a heckler with a fox dhx 5.0 shock on so it was an offer to hard to refuse

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    cheers for the info, ended up going for a heckler with a fox dhx 5.0 shock on so it was an offer to hard to refuse!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    great choice with the heckler!

PDB
    SUFD
    I've been riding on 07 meta 5.5.1 for a couple of weeks now, and can say that it's the best bike that I've ever ridden. I've been working in shops for years and raced all over the country - and never seen anything work so good!
    buy the Commencal!!!