mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Having trouble with my 08 Mini DH

I just got my 08 VIP Mini DH frame and I can't for the life of me figure out the right combination of spacers for the BB and chainguide. I'm running a Holzfeller crankset with Howitzer team BB with a spacer on both the drive and non drive side. The LG-1 I had won't work on the frame so I've been trying to get the Commencal deluxe chainguide that came with the frame to work. I've tried multiple spacer combinations on the back of the chainguide with no luck, the chainline is always horrible.

I'm just wondering what kind of combinations people are running with success on the Mini DH.

mtbr member
    Can you post some pictures of how you have it set up? What part of the chainline is the problem? Is it not lining up with the guide? Is it dragging the frame? Or what?
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Right now the biggest problem is lining up the chainguide with the chainring. I'm most likely not going to keep the Commencal guide on for very long, I'll probably replace it with a Gamut as it looks like the frame won't accept an LG-1.

I'm using the same BB from my morewood Shova LT and with only one spacer on the drive side it seems as if the axle is too long and is pushing the bearing out on the non drive side.

I'll try to get some pics up.

mtbr member
    I checked Morewood's site and the Shova is a 73mm wide shell and your Mini DH is 68mm wide. You may have an older 73mm only ISIS BB that may not be compatible with the 68mm Mini DH. It is okay for the left side of the BB threaded cup to stick out a bit as long as it doesn't interfer with the left side crank arm.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    do hopefully help with the BB problem and lighten the build up I've just ordered a Gravity light Crankset with 68/73 BB. Do you think there would be any problems with that configuration?

mtbr member
    That should help. The 07 Mini DH we had did not have any problem with a chainguide and the right cranks.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Lg1

Hi just fitted a LG1 to my Supreme DH email e13 for help or look on the Commencal owners club forum uk.Took me 2 nights but now working fine dont try to use the isg tabs on the frame but use the isg adapter the wrong way round with two 2mm spacers .Had to grind of a small amount of plastic of the top guide and some of the crank arm .Chain line is now ok will post a pic after xmass hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'm not gonna bother trying to get the LG-1 to fit. I'm gonna just order a Gamut Guide. The new Gravity Light crankset I got fits much better than the Howitzer did, hopefully a gamut guide will go on with no major problems.