mtbr member

GF Hi Fi Delux or Commencal Meta 4.3?

Hey all, first post! I'm looking into buying a new bike in Feb and been trying to do as much research as possible for a trail bike. I've pretty much narrowed it down to either a Fisher Hi Fi Delux or Commencal Meta 4.3. I've found both for around $2200. Is this a fair price? Anyone ride either or? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    @
    Hi Fi Delux

Commencal Meta 4.3
    Last edited by @work; 01-24-2008 at 05:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I haven't ridden either of those bikes, but I can get you started on what I know. First off, Mountain Bike Action tested the Hifi in a trailbike shootout and won. It was also mentioned that some Large, xlarge, and maybe mediums sized frames would fail from the shock swinging over center. They did release a new swing link, but I haven't heard if it changed the ride quality or not. Try them out before buying if you can. There are a lot of excellent trail bikes for around $2000. Personally, I love my Giant Trance X, but I'm not sure if your local shop carries Giants. If your shop carries both Fisher and Commencal, I would get the Commencal because it looks sweet and I have never seen one in person, but that's me

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    a riding buddy of mine has a GF Hi Fi pro I think and he loves it. Hasn't had any problems. So the Deluxe is going to be even better.

mtbr member
    I'm leaning towards the delux, still have to test ride it but the components seem to be a little better than the 4.3. It's little cheaper than the Commensal, which helps as well. I'll take a look into the Trance X, there are some dealers in nyc that carry Giant. Any other suggestions for that price range? Still have a month to go. Thanks for the input mountainbiker24 & reserverockhopper

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The 2008 GF HiFi has a redesigned linkage mount to prevent the problem a few '07 X-Large had.

I have an '07 HiFi Pro and love it.

www.sirbikealotracing.com
    Quote Originally Posted by @work
    I'm leaning towards the delux, still have to test ride it but the components seem to be a little better than the 4.3. It's little cheaper than the Commensal, which helps as well. I'll take a look into the Trance X, there are some dealers in nyc that carry Giant. Any other suggestions for that price range? Still have a month to go. Thanks for the input mountainbiker24 & reserverockhopper
    don't buy a bike just for the components, look at the frame quality and design, then go read as many reviews as possible on the meta 4 and meta 5 bikes, i'm quite sure you'll have an easy decision to make after that
    cheers
    : : :http://sirbikealotracing.com/ : : : : : : : : :

www.eastcoastopen.com
    DH/XC/Dual

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I too have th 07 GF HiFi pro. I got it for $2200 which is probably around what the 08 Deluxes are going for. I was able to get a sweet deal right before the 08's came out. Call around to the GF dealers to see if they have any 07's still in stock. As for the review, I absolutely love it for its climbing and nimbleness. Check out the other reviews....

mtbr member
    I would snag that Commencal in a heartbeat. Beautiful bike, glowing reviews. If you can get good dealer support I wouldn't blink.

-