mtbr member

Frame Material - NEO Ultra Tubing Series

Does anybody know what kind of material, and alloy the Commencal NEO+ Ultra Tubing Series is? I am assuming it is aluminum first, but is it 6061-T6 or 7075? Cheers

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure all of the 2009 Commencal frames are this same type of tubing...

Nobody knows what kind of aluminum it is?

Living the High Life
    I doubt its a 7000 series. Very few companies use it. I'll have to look at my bikes and see if it says anything on them.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    cheers, let me know...my thought is T6, but wanted to confirm as i'm waiting to see if BTI/Commencal will provide any warranty/crash replacement for my frame, and if not I need to get it welded, then heat treated and I know different allows have different times/temps when heat treating

mtbr member
    In case anybody was wondering, the aluminum alloy is 7005 as per an email from Commencal

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantil3v3r
    In case anybody was wondering, the aluminum alloy is 7005 as per an email from Commencal
    Good to know. That might explain why there were some 2008 batches of bikes that had cracking problems. 7000 series is much stronger than 6000 but its harder to heat treat. And if its done incorrectly it can crack.

I know some companies use 7000, but on default I assume most use 6061 because its cheaper and easier to weld.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.