mtbr member

custom commencal meta 5.5?

im lookin 2 buy a commencal meta 5.5 and have a custom build from www.merlincycles.co.uk what would u hav from them????? thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

I guess it depends...

What all you are looking for in your bike. I have the Meta 5.2 and it rocks. The 5.5 is going to climb and descend like a beast, so you might want to figure out what is more important, climbing, descending technical, rocky stuff? XT or SRAM x9 is a good place to start. I'm running a Nevegal 2.3 sticky up front wih a 2.3 DTC in the back. Can't go wrong with a Pike up front.

good Luck and let us know what the build is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
    What all you are looking for in your bike. I have the Meta 5.2 and it rocks. The 5.5 is going to climb and descend like a beast, so you might want to figure out what is more important, climbing, descending technical, rocky stuff? XT or SRAM x9 is a good place to start. I'm running a Nevegal 2.3 sticky up front wih a 2.3 DTC in the back. Can't go wrong with a Pike up front.

good Luck and let us know what the build is.
    im probably gonna go 4 that 5.5 xt as it is, thats gd value. its ok for a bit of xc then? i kinda want 2 get sum miles dun to

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Just checked out bike. nice build. I have a similar build on my 5.2. My cranks gave me trouble, and after a long wait, Race Face upgraded them to the Deus. Once you figure out what tire set up and stem/bar stem up you like that thing will rock.

Can't go wrong with a Commencal.

Good Luck.