banned
    Apr 2009

commencal...who what and where

I just got turned on to the brand,whats the back round and quailty of the bikes..
    some real nice prices on last years close outs

Living the High Life
    I have a Supreme DH and a Meta 6. Both had to have a little adjustment when I got them, washers in the wrong spots nothing serious. See the post about the Super 4 vs. Trek and I explain it.

That not withstanding my Supreme DH has been flawless this summer racing. I've been to 4 DH races so far. I'm a front of the pack CAT 2 rider and I weigh 200 pounds even. So put that into perspective, the bike is taking a fair beating from me. Like I said, zero issues so far.

They are single pivots so you'll feel rocks a little more than with a VPP bike. But they (both of mine) are very consistent and the contact system keeps the suspension feeling linear. They are also really easy to work on.

I wasn't a fan of single pivots until I rode one of these, changed my whole perspective.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    This is how I feel about mine.

Proud to race for Mojo Wheels

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have a 4.2 and a 5.1 these bikes are very good and have had no problems these bikes are built very well and there costomer support is great.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Absolut VIP here - very nice bike. I'd get another.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

what bike are you thinking about getting?

I have a Commencal Supernormal hardtail that I love. I got turned on to Commencal, because I like having a different bike than everyone else on the trails. When I found out that Cedric Gracia left Cannondale to go to Commencal, this made me think that he did so for a good reason. This is hands down, the best climbing hardtail that I have ridden to date. If you inspect the rear triangle, you will see why. I get many compliments on the rear triangle of the Supernormal especially the seatstay and rear dropout
    "'I'm here to guard and protect your heart." (Kasey to Ali, The Bachelorette 2010)