mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Commencal Ti 4X HT frame

Anyone have any news on the Titanium 4X frame Gracia, and the Athertons are riding? Rumour has it it will be available arround September 2009 for the public, and a press release at Valnord in Andorra, but maybe anyone has more info?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Sorry I can help with Commencal but I did see at the Cycle Show that a new British company are designing a titanium 4X frame. The Pure Bicycle Company have just design a radical titanium BMX frame and are currently using some of that technology on a titanium 4X frame.
    Some info here:

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    No offence, but judging from the drawing of the frame, that has to be one of the ugliest 4x frames ever! what is wrong with staight tubes, I mean, come on,curved top and downtubes....

too bad, it looked promising, until I saw the design...

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan
    No offence, but judging from the drawing of the frame, that has to be one of the ugliest 4x frames ever! what is wrong with staight tubes, I mean, come on,curved top and downtubes....

too bad, it looked promising, until I saw the design...
    Curvy tubes and carbon fiber are the current trend. I'm not sure I like either.
    i ride bikes

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The guys from Pure went to great length to explain the features on the titanium BMX frame; they were all a result of specific testing not a “fashion statement” in their words! I can’t remember it all but it’s on their website

I assume the same rationale was applied to the titanium 4X frame; we’ll just have to wait and see.