mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Commencal Meta 5.5 frame weight?

Their website says 3.3kg with Fox RP23 shock. Has anyone weighted the frame themself so you could confirm this? They also say they have different tubes for different size ("Perfect size tubing") frames so I ques the frame weight has notable difference depending on the size of the frame. So please specify your frame size.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

there's one in my LBS

... off hand I can't tell you the weight, but if i'm there tomorrow or next week, I'll try remember to weigh it for you....

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tainted
    ... off hand I can't tell you the weight, but if i'm there tomorrow or next week, I'll try remember to weigh it for you....
    Thanks, it would be great if you can do that.

zhu
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    From what I remember in putting mine together, the weight sounds correct. As for the tubing, the different diameters of seattube (27,2mm internal for S and M and 31,6 for L and XL) dont really make that much of a weight difference, probably less than 50g per frame. I'll admit that for 5" travel its not the lightest of frames, but the ride is worth every ounce. I've ridden most of the better known bikes in its class (130-150 travel) and i can honestly say that the suspension quality is something else. Here's a pic of the finished ride:

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1167245519

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu
    I've ridden most of the better known bikes in its class (130-150 travel) and i can honestly say that the suspension quality is something else.
    That's what I have read from several places and the reason I started to look at this frame. I would build mine as a trail bike with light weight components. I guess I'm a bit of a weightweenie but still suspension performance is more important.