mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Commencal hardtails gallery

here's my 2005 vip nuts 3 frame which i completed in late 2007. my goal was to build a nice looking and durable mtb with good componentry. all main parts are sram (sram, rock shox, truvativ, avid) weight is 10.8 kg (23.8 lbs).
    Attached Images Attached Images

pedal pusher
    Looking at the parts you have on there, I'm surprised it weighs so much. Other than that, it's a pretty hot bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by f3rg
    Looking at the parts you have on there, I'm surprised it weighs so much. Other than that, it's a pretty hot bike.
    thank you. i was a little disappointed when i received the frame. instead of ~1.600g it weighed 1.800g. anyway, the frame was cheap (super-sale), i like the brand and i love how it looks.

some parts are rather lightweight but most of them are not (frame, bar, seatpost, crankset, pedals). but weight was not my priority. my goal was to build a nice looking, durable mtb for a reasonable price.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    My Commenšal hardtails:

Commenšal VIP Nuts 5, rigid and singlespeed:

Currently looking like this:

Commenšal VIP Nuts 2 (?):

I wanted to use it for XC racing but didn't like the older geometry, so I have replaced the frame for something else. I still have the frame though..

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprs
    Commenšal VIP Nuts 2 (?):

I wanted to use it for XC racing but didn't like the older geometry, so I have replaced the frame for something else. I still have the frame though..
    the vip nuts 2 frame was the reason why i decided for commencal. still a great looking frame! what i don't like about the build shown in the pic is the mixture of components (tune, race face, ritchey). i would have decided for one and it would have been a perfect build!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daddy yo yo
    what i don't like about the build shown in the pic is the mixture of components (tune, race face, ritchey). i would have decided for one and it would have been a perfect build!
    I agree, it would look better that way.
    I used parts I allready had lying around here, which also explains the white Fox and golden chain (those colours wouldn't have been my first choice, if I went out buying new parts for this frame).