mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Commencal Absolut Size

Hello everybody

i want to buy the new Commencal Absolut 1 2008.

I'm 6.10 feet tall and don't know exactly which frame size i should pick.

The Bike is available in S/M and also in L/XL.

The geometry differences between the two frame sizes are :

S/M L/XL

Wheel Base : 1020 > 1050 mm 1040 > 1070 mm

Top Tube Length : 550 mm 570 mm

I don't want to use the bike especially for one type of riding. I want to use it sometimes for dual as also for dirt and street.

Personally i can't imagine that 2 cm difference of top tube length are so noticeable but

maybe i'm wrong.

I hope that somebody who rides the bike can give me an advice.

Thanks in advance

I post too much.
    At your height, you need the large, no question about it. Yes, 2cm of top tube is a big difference. Your knees will thank you.

bearded
    I was just looking thru commencals catalog and price sheet and dang they are priced low.
    BLKMRKT

Thrower
    lol I am 6'5 and rock a small blk mrkt riot and love it. The top tube difference isn’t going to be a huge difference on a dj but that’s my personal feelings but I am also taller than the average bear so I am not some guy who is 5’10 telling you to go with a huge bike which happened to me before and it sucked. I have ridden a small bottle rocket and it was too small not horrible but just enough to where it would get old but a medium blindside is perfect when it comes to full just to give you an idea, also my friend who is about 6’3 owns the blindside and the bottle rocket owner is like 5’7 or shorter. The biggest thing is to try and find a similar frame built up and see how it feels before you get yours, I know there aren’t many absolute’s floating around that much but if you’re in Georgia near ATL I would let you try out the riot.

to add here is the specs for my frame 21.5" toptube length
    69 degree head angle, 70 degree seat angle
    11" standover, 12.25" BB height, 15.625" chainstays

and my friend with the bottle rocket has ridden and wanted an extra small becuase mine is there standard(smallest)

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for your comments.

Unfortunately i have no option to ride a commencal and after the mixed comments i'm still uncertain which frame i should take.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    yeah well maybe thats for the better, the commencials are aluminium...I'm very picky about that...

If you need help about which bike to get just post the price range and its goals...then I'm pretty sure everyone will give you a tip.

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by -.---.-
    yeah well maybe thats for the better, the commencials are aluminium...I'm very picky about that...

If you need help about which bike to get just post the price range and its goals...then I'm pretty sure everyone will give you a tip.

Enjoy!

What's so bad at it that the frame is aluminium?

I like the geometry of the commencal. I think it's just perfect for dual as also for street and dirt.

I want an allround bike which gives me the option to ride all that stuff.

If I were only interested in dirt riding i would not attend the commencal and buy a blackmarket or something different.

Slopestyle Rider
    Are you 6 foot 10 inches tall?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    Are you 6 foot 10 inches tall?

Im 6.10 feet tall ( 185 cm) not 6 foot 10 inches...

Bikes Rule
    Hey Karma,

Your 6' 5" ?? How come you did not go with the 22" tt Riot? I am 5' 10" and got the 21.5tt as well. Just curious is all...

Thrower
    I didn't go with the 22 for a few reasons. First I have had bikes that where way to big an had on old p3 that was a large. It was ok but the previous owner who was close to my height went to a small top and loves it. Second I wanted it to be like a bmx bike with 26inch wheels which is what the blk mrkt was designed for and last I didn't see the big diff .5 inch was going to make.
    On a full suspension bike I would go for a med like my friend who has a med blindside which feels perfect to me size wise and my Riot feels perfect the way its set up.

Bikes Rule
    Makes sense.. I debated at first but in the end wanted the smaller frame for flickability...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    It seems that nobody rides commencal.

So this thread can be closed...
    Last edited by veklox; 12-19-2007 at 12:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    well, I am 5'9 and I bought the Large size and couldnt be happier. The extra inch in the top tube gives me a bit more room for pedalling and foot clearance of teh tire. I built up my CG to be a 4X bike tho. I use a short 35mm straitline stem which is perfect
    A recent review in a Australian mag said that the larger size is more suitable for 4X & BMX tracks as its more stable and teh short they tested is a lil sketchy