Thread: Commencal

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

New question here. Commencal

Hey everyone
    What have you all heard bout Commencal? I haven't gotten the chance to ride one, but i'd love to hear your opinions.

Thanks
    Pinning it Nor Cal style

GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    Going to race one next year, Max Commencal being around 4 EVER the guy is the Jeff Steber and Brent Foes, from Europe!

Premium Member
    Good bikes. Great traction, low travel, good at pumping, a bit high and steep but it's got long-ish CSs to balance it. Great ride overall. A bit expensive compared to other things similar. Rides like it's got more travel.

Flowtronic engineer
    Whats up with that chain guide? Looks very smash-able.
    Do you have to run it?
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

"Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

Premium Member
    The chainguide's a Roox. It works pretty damn well, surprisingly. You can fab an e13 SRS to work, or bolt on an LG1. They're hard to get chainguides on.

is down to roll...
    Check with Phil of RideSFO. He can get 'em. Also, check w/ bighit8989 on msdhw. He's 2 BART stops away from you and has one.
    -ebR

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks!
    Pinning it Nor Cal style

www.sirbikealotracing.com
    The Commencal/Dropmachine.com team has had a lot of time on the bikes, and i mean all the bikes. We have XC/DH and 4X racers on our team. Personally I have ridden the
    - meta 4.1
    - Colt Flat (commuter)
    - Supreme 6.1
    and I race the
    - SUpreme Team DH
    - Absolut Cromo

The most noticeable characteristics of all the bikes is their handling, they are very quick, nimble and agile, versus some other bikes that are designed to straight line and plow through things. I guess its what you prefer, but to mean being able to whip my DH bike through a World Cup course is what I believe will make me a faster rider.

check out the review on the homepage right now of a meta 5, that one of the teamates did.

www.dropmachine.com
    : : :http://sirbikealotracing.com/ : : : : : : : : :

www.eastcoastopen.com
    DH/XC/Dual

T.Dot Represent
    yea i talked to one of the guys on the drop machine team and he said that they are more of a race frame, that it is more about style, flow, and skill rather then just plowing down a hill with travel to eat it up..... which is probobly why gracia left the judge for the supreme
    [SIZE=5]fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle[/SIZE]

Hisforever
    Quote Originally Posted by pvflyer
    Going to race one next year, Max Commencal being around 4 EVER the guy is the Jeff Steber and Brent Foes, from Europe!
    Who is Jeff Steber????? Brent Foes is a classic. super nice guy dropping blood and sweat for the love of building handmade bikes. Respect!
    Jesus Saves

GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB
    Who is Jeff Steber????? Brent Foes is a classic. super nice guy dropping blood and sweat for the love of building handmade bikes. Respect!
    Intense founder, and a really cool guy too, Intense Racing, it's being there since the get go!

regards

Who put that rut there?
    Aug 2004

Supreme 6

If you want a great bike, look into the Commencal line. I currently own a Supreme 6, which has become this year's Mini-DH model. I built it with a Fox DHX Air and a Marz 66 RC2X. I used Race Face cranks and chainguide since I don't necessarily trust that Roox roller coaster as a guide. It took two sets of cranks and four different chain guides to figure which one fits it best but found a great mix with the RF set up. The bike pumps extremely well and is super nimble in its turning and handling capabilities. I can throw it down any race line (not Mt. Ste. Anne of course) and pedal it very well in the flats. The bike is agile enough to handle more than I can possibly throw at it and I use it to race on the Ca. hillside races we have out here where you need something you can pedal hard and not lose energy bobbing on a trampoline as you hammer.

Just my two cents but I love my Commencal. Everyone loves the build on mine too.

Supreme 6 VIP frame
    Marz 66 RC2X fork
    Fox DHX Air rear shock
    SRAM x0 drive train
    Race Face Diabloulous cranks (being replaced though by the new Ride DH cranks)
    Diaboulous Chain guide
    WTB Devo saddle
    RF Evolve seat post
    Easton MonkeyLite DH Carbon bars
    Dangerboy Tank stem
    IndustryNine Enduro wheelset (bling bling!)
    Tioga White Tiger tires
    Avid Juicy Seven brakeset (being replaced by the new Avid Codes)
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win you are both retards.

EastBaySteez
    I love my Commencal, I have a Combi Disc 2006. Its a hardtail fast as can be the only problem is that I dont like the choise of brakes.. Hayes 9, they are really easy to pull but no modulation. I love the bike happy as can be. Will buy commencal in the future
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

mtbr member
    they are some of the best bikes that you can get. I have the meta 4x, and it rips.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have you ThunderBrapped Today?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I think that Commenšal are very excelent, stronger and wonderful bikes.
    I saw a Caommenšal bike one time, when Cedric came to Santos Urban DH, in Brazil. I don't have words to say, I just say that this bike fly so much!

mtbr member
    Commencals are sick bikes for sure! It is the same basic frame that Nico won 10 world championships on. The Supreme DH is the fastest DH bike I have ever ridden. You should probibly get one!!
    That will be 60 buck, thanks.

mtbr member
    Commencals are sick bikes for sure! It is the same basic frame that Nico won 10 world championships on. The Supreme DH is the fastest DH bike I have ever ridden. You should probably get one!!
    That will be 60 buck, thanks.

EastBaySteez
    Quote Originally Posted by BKRacer
    You should probably get one!!
    I would if I could, Im a highschool student working my but off so I can get a motorcycle. Im quite happy with my Combi Disc any ways
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BKRacer
    Commencals are sick bikes for sure! It is the same basic frame that Nico won 10 world championships on. The Supreme DH is the fastest DH bike I have ever ridden. You should probably get one!!

BK knows he's fast
    Have you ThunderBrapped Today?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by East Bay Rich
    Check with Phil of RideSFO. He can get 'em. Also, check w/ bighit8989 on msdhw. He's 2 BART stops away from you and has one.
    -ebR
    You can ask Phil what he thinks of his, he rides a Meta and a Supreme DH (i think thats what it is called) and has rave reviews. While your at it get some swag and represent for the guy he rocks. Man i got to hit that guy up!!
    I sold my soul for pennies....but I got a VP Free thrown in as well, man what a deal

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'll try a pic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    These are mean machines...definitely going to join the best names in the industry!