mtbr member
    Nov 2008

... and if we just ... canonndale prophet 2 or commencal combi s

hi i was wondering what you lot thought i should get a cannondale prophet 2 or a commencal combi s

Why not?
    Cannondale Prophet kicks mucho ass-o!

Nothing But Glory, and Everything For It.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    have you riden it and thanx

AllMountain+CwmcarnUplift
    It Depends on the riding you want to do? The Commencal looks like a XC bike when the Prophet looks more all mountain. I havnt ridden either but compared to the Commencal the Cannondale Prophet 2 looks awesome Value for money. The components are fantastic for the price of 1099, to compare similar price to component ratio my friend bought a specialized pitch pro for 1400. Same forks,shock,brakes etc.....

Ive mentioned the Prophet to a friend who is new to mtb and he is seriously considering!

Prophet 2 = http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...-bike-ec016577

Pitch Pro = http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...-bike-ec001432
    If your not falling off, your not riding fast enough!

Cube Fritzz 2008

GT Aggressor XC 1

mtbr member
    I have a Commencal so have a wee soft spot for them and on looks I think the Commie shades it but the Cannondale seems to be the much better bike. At the same time though...isn't it quite a bit more expensive i.e. you get what you pay for?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I have a Prophet and it rocks. It takes all abuse well and wants more. If its got a lefty, then its even nicer. The lefty holds the lines real nice.

My buddies, who ride Spec XC bikes, sometimes complain about the bumps. I'm like, "Bumps?, What bumps?"
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stoo61
    I have a Commencal so have a wee soft spot for them and on looks I think the Commie shades it but the Cannondale seems to be the much better bike. At the same time though...isn't it quite a bit more expensive i.e. you get what you pay for?
    no there the same price

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg
    I have a Prophet and it rocks. It takes all abuse well and wants more. If its got a lefty, then its even nicer. The lefty holds the lines real nice.

My buddies, who ride Spec XC bikes, sometimes complain about the bumps. I'm like, "Bumps?, What bumps?"
    sory but i dont understand what lefty means

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELindustry
    It Depends on the riding you want to do? The Commencal looks like a XC bike when the Prophet looks more all mountain. I havnt ridden either but compared to the Commencal the Cannondale Prophet 2 looks awesome Value for money. The components are fantastic for the price of 1099, to compare similar price to component ratio my friend bought a specialized pitch pro for 1400. Same forks,shock,brakes etc.....

Ive mentioned the Prophet to a friend who is new to mtb and he is seriously considering!

Prophet 2 = http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...-bike-ec016577

Pitch Pro = http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...-bike-ec001432
    i am kind of like xc and all mountain but what i love doing is ridin down stairs its so fun i think the cannondale looks beter than your mates no efence (me)
    but the cannondale has a bloody dodgy frame the people at evans cycles think the cannondale is better than the commencal anyway thanx alot for your help
    max

Quote Originally Posted by mitchymitch
    sory but i dont understand what lefty means
    A lefty is where there is only one Fork on the front which is on the .... you guest it! the left when your riding. Anyone correct me if im wrong but I believe that only cannondale do these?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_EUQSK1Ux49g/Rs...M/DSC00003.JPG

I only used EvansCycles as a guide for pictures, I would find a LBS to get your bike from. EvansCycles are one step down from Halfords IMO!

Cube Fritzz 2008

GT Aggressor XC 1

Just ride
    Prophet

You know what sucks worse than training? Losing.
    You know what sucks worse than losing? Nothing.

Ride on

Quote Originally Posted by skim1040
    Prophet

Thats very cheeky skim! is it only b/c your selling yours? lmao

Cube Fritzz 2008

GT Aggressor XC 1

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELindustry
    Thats very cheeky skim! is it only b/c your selling yours? lmao
    i know get away lol
    Last edited by mitchymitch; 11-06-2008 at 01:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    dunno if you bought it already or what? Didn't know there was a commie forum on here before tonight

it depends on what you wanna do. Both are fantastic bikes in their own sense. The combi s with the 07 meta 4 frame is a bargain as it is a very good, mid travel am frame as it can accomodate up to 120mm up front. It has received stellar reviews all over the place. The contact system (rear suspension set up is simply fantastic).

the prophet is more of an enduro bike, meaning less xc than the meta, but even better at the gnarly stuff. The rear is a bit less refined than the commie, but it has more travel that really, really works going downhill - especially in technical sections. The adjustable geometry makes it a bit of two bikes in one.

the specs are not too great on either, but both are a very good starting point for upgrades as the frames are very good.

both are great bikes. I would get the prophet at is a tad more versatile due to the adjsutable geometry.

jes, i've ridden both (own a prophet and used to own a meta 5). I've also tried a moto (today) and i'm not sure it is a very big improvement over the prophet at all.

so the conclusion is;

get a prophet. more travel (even if less refined), better quality frame in terms of build quality and lifetime guarantee for the original owner (not that it's gonna snap anytime soon..)

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    thanx well helpfull i am def going for prophet but i havent rid it so i need to find out somewhere were i can