mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Absolut 4x ti...build help needed!!

Was recently able to score my dream hard tail frame..the ABSOLUT 4X titanium!!! it is one of Dan Athertons 2011 race frames that has never been built up. soooo stoked!! had an eye on this lil sweetie for several years and now i finally have it but need a little help with the build. if anybody can help me with a few questions i would greatly appreciate it!

ITS A 2011 AND I WILL BE RUNNING IT SINGLE SPEED

1. Bottom bracket size? there arent any threads in the BB shell and when i measure the width it comes out like 90mm?? i'm a bit confused? BMX style??

2. Seatpost size?? pretty sure its a 27.2

any other tid bits that anyone has that will help the build process would be awesome...

Cant wait to get er built up and will post pics as soon as its done.

mtbr member
    Try here

Sound like a BB90 press fit bottom from your description but the spec seems (my French is rusty) to say a 68 mm bb shell BSA ( english or euro threaded) and a 31.6 seatpost.

Just got the Absolut DJ ti and that definatley has a Spannish BB (push fit BMX) and a 27.2 seatpost (supplied with a Thomson)
    Heatset is an intergrated 1 1/8 (also supplied with the frame)

Here's mine pre build
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Absolut 4x ti...build help needed!!-vcm_s_kf_repr_960x540.jpg