Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

2016 Supreme DH v3 [o] Lipstick on a pig!

$2079 shipped, ~$2700 all in at this point. 41# out of the box, now @ 37#.

Swapped to a Vivid Air. Put in the air setup for the Boxxer. Swapped on a cut-down MRP guide, upper only, two bolts.

32t Race Face N/W ring, X.9 short cage clutched mech and X.X shifter, XT11-34 cassette. Would go smaller, but it's what was about. Taken off another bike which is getting an 11spd upgrade.

Went tubeless. Minion DHF 2.6 up front. Stock front is now a spare (DHRII 2.4 Super Tacky DH folding) for the rear.

Swapped the 4-pot caliper off the back of my hardtail for the front here.

Lighter upper seat rail clamp bits, no-name ti-railed butt-floss seat, spiffy seat-tube clamp.

Race Face grips and crabon fibre bar with half the rise of the stock unit. Spacers up top vs. under the stem. More comfy.

Lots of spare parts bin stuff, and leftover ti and alu goodies from past/current rides sprinkled about.

Quite happy with it so far, with two lift days in, and more to come!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    nice lookin bike! almost went with the V3 myself

Wasn't really *looking/shopping* for a full DH bike.

I hit the lifts 6-12 times a year, and have always made do with big trail bikes or "freeride" kinda' stuff. Currently is my Nomad C3 with a 170 fork and a burlier wheelset with DH tires I swap on for lift days. It's an incredibly capable bike, but...

Couldn't resist the pull of a bigger bike. And man, it's worth it. Even for the few days I do, it's soooooo much faster/capable it isn't even funny, especially once you're willing to let go of the coward prongs and get it up to Mach Retarded.

Gave myself a budget of under 3k, and wanted to go with new, not used. Did well, IMO!

Frame/fork/wheels are a great rolling chassis to work with, and are burly enough I ought to get quite a few years out of them.

NRP
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Great looking bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    ...especially once you're willing to let go of the coward prongs and get it up to Mach Retarded.
    Ha ha ha ha :0)

I think it's interesting that Commencal brought out the V4, did away with the V3 then reintroduced the V3. Strange one. They now have trail, all-mountain and DH bikes available in the V3 platform alongside the V4 bikes.

Methinks they are just keeping it as a lower price-point bike. Granted, now they have the Furious, so not sure why to have two like that. Unless maybe they were sitting on couple container loads of frames. Could be as simple as that.

The lowest spec Furious and v3 DH are basically the same. I dunno, man. Not a huge $$$ difference, especially with the same spec.

Looks as if I got one of the last closeout 2016's, which is fine. I more or less wanted a solid rolling chassis, and was going to be swapping parts on anyhow. But wanted new/with warranty vs. used. The Furious is a good looking bike, but for my purposes, the v3 works juuuuust fine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Unless maybe they were sitting on couple container loads of frames.
    Na, they were gone from the books for at least a year. The only thing I can think of it that people were asking for it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Na, they were gone from the books for at least a year. The only thing I can think of it that people were asking for it back.
    I can't buy that. I don't imagine they were selling enough of these to "bring them back" vs. pushing the Furious.

I'm sticking with lower price-point/we had a couple pallet loads of the frames/bikes to unload...

Anyhow, I've got a kick ass fun bike that meets my lift-serve needs.

YMMV.

mtbr member
    I was mailing a guy at Commencal about something else so took the opportunity to ask about the Meta V3. He said it's never really gone away because they still rate it as an effective, reliable and strong platform.