Thread: 2011 Supreme

mtbr member

2011 Supreme

I'm at the cross roads once again, it was about three years ago when I was at this intersection. The only difference now is that my riding has developed, and it seems that this could be the frame I'm looking for.

I have a few questions that need to be answered to help me on my way.

Is the geometry measured with a 160 or 180mm fork?
    Though I doubt it, is there provision for a front derailleur?
    I like to pedal to the top, whats it like when its going up?

It seems to be hard to get a good review on the overall package, most reviews I've found reflect a bike park testing ground. So lets hear from all of those who have this machine!

mtbr member
    252 reads, does anyone at the very least have some sort opinion on the Supreme....

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    If the 2011 is the same as the 2010 and 2009, which I believe it is, the geometry will be about 67deg with the neutral angle adjuster using a 545mm a2c fork.
    With a 180mm fork (565mm a2c), you theoretically should slacken the head angle by a degree.
    All the angles can then be altered by using the +/- headset adjuster that comes stock with the frame.
    My 2009 has a little nub that you can mount a front derailleur on.

Eric

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me a little about your ride? How it's setup, the type of riding you do and your overall impressions. Pic's are always nice as well

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Hey,
    Set up is on the heavier side.
    36 Talas RC2, Totem (new for this year)
    Elka Stage 5
    Hammerschmidt
    Sunline V1 bar
    Thomson stem
    KS r950 post/ Race Face post
    Minion Front, High Roller rear, Minion Front, Schwalbe (forget right now) back
    Hadley's laced to Flow rims, Hadley's laced to 823 (very soon)
    Formula The One brakes
    Point 1 Podium pedals

I use the bike for everything. If I am riding in Montreal, it is an hour at most climb to where we start to ride then 10min max return to the top after each decent.
    At Bromont, where we sometimes climb when the hill is not open, the climb is an hour max, depending on our group. When Bromont is open, we only use the lift and point it downwards.
    I like the bike so much, I am getting another one.
    The frame is heavy, just under 11lbs for a large. I won't lie and say you don't notice it on climbs, but I don't really care as I don't care about the climbing. I get to the top before most in my group, wait for the rest and we all have to much fun when going downhill.
    As for pics, there are posted up on the Commencal Owners Club site, here is a link:
    http://www.commencalownersclub.com/i...ic,1790.0.html
    There sis something like 35 plus pages devoted to the bike. Start around page 20 and you should see more of the newer models. Mine is in there somewhere, I use the same name as here.

Eric