Scott is a tool.

2011 Super 4 info....

Hi,

I've found a small amount of info on the new Super 4, but was hoping somebody could provide more for me.

So, i know that it will now have 120mm of rear travel, and the one i saw was red, but that's pretty much it.

Anybody know about geometry, weight, shock dimensions for the new travel?

Cheers,

Grant.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Super 4

From Bikeradar website...

"Staying with the carbon theme, the £3299.99 Super 4 Carbon is the shorter-travel sibling of the Meta 5.5, with Fox RLC Fit 120mm forks, Fox Float RL rear shock, SRAM X0, Formula R1 brakes and Easton EA90 wheelset.

Also available in aluminium, the Super 4 Pro comes with Fox RL fork with 120mm travel, Fox Float RL rear shock, Avid Juicy 3 brakes and a mix of SRAM X7, SRAM X9 and Shimano Deore for shifting. Itís got a Race Face Ride XC crankset and Mavic Crossride wheelset. This Pro version is £2199.99 and the entry level Comp is £1799.99."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Super 4 info....-broken-image-commencal-super-4-carbon.jpeg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Anyone spot the steel Ramones at the top right?

Mmmm, me wants

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yep this thread is officially derailed.......steel Ramones is getting me very excited! Any idea when it might be available willy? Please be frame only!!
    Back on track though, I've gotta say i'm really suprised at the 120mm move. Getting close to the meta 5 isn't it. I guess it's not all about travel though!

Scott is a tool.
    Gotta love it when you post in forum that people use all over the world and 2 out of the 3 that respond are your mates from home.... good form boys.

Yeah the Romones is uber bling ey? Very, very nice.

Really looking forward to getting some time on the Super 4, i really want to know about the geometry.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    haha, love it.

All you need to know about the Super 4 is that it is not a Trance.
    It is kind of like an anti-trance, you know, like a polar-opposite.

So basically I mean it is freaking sweet and the trance is like, well, you know...

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Willy
    haha, love it.

All you need to know about the Super 4 is that it is not a Trance.
    It is kind of like an anti-trance, you know, like a polar-opposite.

So basically I mean it is freaking sweet and the trance is like, well, you know...
    Strong words there young man, do i detect a bit of Giant bashing?

But you're right, they are very different beasts, i would never say that the Trance is a bad bike though, very far from it.

Let me know when you get a 2011 model in. Ya angry bastard.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    haha, no Giante bashing, just wait till you get a ride on a Commencal and you'll see what I mean Wal!

Distributor may or may not be sending both the carbon Super 4 demo and the Ramones 1 demo in the next week...

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Willy
    haha, no Giante bashing, just wait till you get a ride on a Commencal and you'll see what I mean Wal!

Distributor may or may not be sending both the carbon Super 4 demo and the Ramones 1 demo in the next week...
    Sure you weren't.....

For me the Yeti is still at the top of my list, but the Super is close behind, just depends alot on geometry.

You may or may not have to let me know how they look.......

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    New bike eh?
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    New bike eh?
    I feel a little but stalked....

The answer to the question is yes, but prob not till i'm back in Oz, just want to do my research properly.