mtbr member

2010 Commencal Meta 55 Team

have gone through a couple of bikes, Giant Boulder, Trek Cobia... but now have settled on one i love!

was dead stock when it arrived, have since converted it to 1x9 and given it a full tear down and service, replaced a few worn/tatty bits with some new shiny green bits, and recently bought a second (and accidentally a third...) wheelset for tootling around town on.

since the photo it's had some black/silver formula rx brakes put on too, they match the rims perfectly.

love riding this thing, so much so i sold hardtail as i was just ride this to the shops, etc anyway.
    just need to change the pedals. these were $17 bargain bin specials at the LBS as it arrived with clip-ins, and i'm way too retarded to be firmly attached to my bike!
    Last edited by mitchy; 05-11-2013 at 11:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Going from a 29er back to 26". Must like the sharp handling of the Meta. The suspension has got a unique feel to. I have a bigger air sleeve on my shock. Just a bit easier to get all the travel.

mtbr member
    indeed, the medium frame size of the meta is on the smaller side too, so it feels very nimble. i might need to try the larger air sleeve though, i feel it gets a bit difficult to get all the travel, even running a lower than ideal pressure.

mtbr member
    some limited edition Hope Race Evo M4 and X2's popped up, had to have them as they match perfectly...

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hey guys...NEED HELP. I am kinda new to the mountain bike world but I need your help. I just purchased a 2010 Meta 55 carbon and I am having trouble with the front derailleur. I cant figure it out as to which one I need. I wanted to run an xtr m980 3x10 crank but i dont understand what derailleur I need. One guy asked what to do cause he purchased what was recommended by commencal and it wasn't working. It calls for a down swing, down pull. I have already purchased the wrong derailleur once. Can SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP with either a part number or anything. Thanks guys

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    It's a bottom bracket mount, bottom pulling. 31.8mm (different from later which are 34.6mm)
    XTR980, XT M780 or SLX670 have limit screw that can be reached easily on the Meta.
    For shimano, most FD are top/bottom pulling compatible and feature multiple diameter bracket on some models.