Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 52
  1. #1
    www.sirbikealotracing.com
    Reputation: sirbikealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    201

    2009 Commencal sneak peak

    : : :http://sirbikealotracing.com/ : : : : : : : : :

    www.eastcoastopen.com
    DH/XC/Dual

  2. #2
    Flying Goat
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,326
    wow... nice bikes...

  3. #3
    DenverDH'er
    Reputation: rep_1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,155
    You know, I just don't see what you guys see in these bikes. To me, they are just plain and ugly . . . . just plain ugly I guess.

    I know, I know, it's not how they look, it's how they ride. If I'm going to pay that kind of money though, it better look AND ride like million bucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Will to Win
    Reputation: albertomannil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    708
    i dont know, but that green one looks F' awesome!
    2008 Transition Dirtbag Custom
    2003 Schwinn Moab 2 Singlespeed

  5. #5
    Gangbusters
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by rep_1969
    You know, I just don't see what you guys see in these bikes. To me, they are just plain and ugly . . . . just plain ugly I guess.

    I know, I know, it's not how they look, it's how they ride. If I'm going to pay that kind of money though, it better look AND ride like million bucks.
    Agreed!

  6. #6
    www.sirbikealotracing.com
    Reputation: sirbikealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by rep_1969
    You know, I just don't see what you guys see in these bikes. To me, they are just plain and ugly . . . . just plain ugly I guess.

    I know, I know, it's not how they look, it's how they ride. If I'm going to pay that kind of money though, it better look AND ride like million bucks.
    just an observation but it may be that they are geared in many respects to a younger generation of riders, the 40 plus category isn't that strong in the DH world. They are pushing the envelope in terms of aesthetics and its obviously working
    : : :http://sirbikealotracing.com/ : : : : : : : : :

    www.eastcoastopen.com
    DH/XC/Dual

  7. #7
    Flying Goat
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,326
    dunno bout you guys... but i like the looks. Nice solid rear triangle in the rear with a singlepivot design and rockers to manipulate shock leverage... lols... and it does look sick with the green...

  8. #8
    PULL
    Reputation: NoManerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    701
    Pretty much a dhr with a different front triangle, no?

    I dig this bike

  9. #9
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,104
    Anyone notice the Marzocchi 09/Pre 09 graphics? Bomber is back.

  10. #10
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,104
    I like this one


  11. #11
    DenverDH'er
    Reputation: rep_1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    I like this one


    That one does look better than the full on DH'er.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PaulM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    75
    What's up with the pinch bolts on the head tube of the Supreme Racing 1 or am I just seeing things?

  13. #13
    Me hates pinchflat
    Reputation: 545cu4ch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    What's up with the pinch bolts on the head tube of the Supreme Racing 1 or am I just seeing things?
    thats for changing the head angle (dont know how it works though)
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dowst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,705
    I've found my next bike. The more FR oriented one looks like it would be a total money mini DH race bike.

    And for those who were wondering, there are different sleeves that get pinched into the headtube that make the HA adjustable.

  15. #15
    dontcha?
    Reputation: captain spaulding's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,398
    awesome, they look great.. love how commencal has been changing up the graphics drastically each year..

    of course gives me an excuse to add another commencal to my collection.. oh boy..
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,280
    The mini supreme is sick!
    Go BIG or Go HOME

  17. #17
    General Rabble-Rouser
    Reputation: Karupshun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,006
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    Anyone notice the Marzocchi 09/Pre 09 graphics? Bomber is back.

    Yeah, they look a little better. Maybe they'll mail out new decals for everyone who was stuck with the uberghey 08 sticker kit...

  18. #18
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,272
    Looks dope. Head Angle looks a tad too slack for my preferences, but other then that the geo is dialed.

    Looks a lot like a DHR and probably rides like one too.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dowst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Looks dope. Head Angle looks a tad too slack for my preferences, but other then that the geo is dialed.
    It's adjustable

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: A Grove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,197
    But only +/- 3ish degrees I think I read?

  21. #21
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,104
    +/- 3 degrees is A LOT. I think Corsair's adjustable headtube is +/- 1.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: A Grove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,197
    Aye - but with todays realm of difference in DH/FR bikes, 3 degrees would be about perfect. And I was thinking the inserts went in increments for a total of about 3 degrees either way. But I may be WAY wrong on that one.

  23. #23
    StraightOuttaCompton
    Reputation: Djponee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,145
    i like the mini supreme and the furious. very nice.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

  24. #24
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by A Grove
    But only +/- 3ish degrees I think I read?
    Dude that's a ton...even 1 degree makes a noticeable difference.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  25. #25
    www.sirbikealotracing.com
    Reputation: sirbikealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    201
    Supreme Racing gets 1.5 degree of headangle change
    Supreme DH gets 3 degree of headangle change

    its super easy too, you can change it in under 2 min with a 5mm
    : : :http://sirbikealotracing.com/ : : : : : : : : :

    www.eastcoastopen.com
    DH/XC/Dual

  26. #26
    Ideas Above My Station...
    Reputation: Orange-Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,506
    USED TO LOVE commencals stuff, but not feeling the looks this year.... Furious has lost its lust factor.
    DH ones look odd, with that huge front triangle and tiny squat rear triangle..... proportions look imbalanced.
    Still, probably still pretty good to ride. Can't imagine the Athertons would ride sh*t bikes!!!!

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: combatkimura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Goblin
    USED TO LOVE commencals stuff, but not feeling the looks this year.... Furious has lost its lust factor.
    DH ones look odd, with that huge front triangle and tiny squat rear triangle..... proportions look imbalanced.
    Still, probably still pretty good to ride. Can't imagine the Athertons would ride sh*t bikes!!!!
    I absolutely agree. DHers look like Sunns, which wer silly great bikes but I still don't like the looks. Furious, now that I've seen them built up and from different angles just look goofy to me.

    I like the looks of Captian Spaulding's Mini DH much better than any of the '09s.

    I have to add that if these bikes perform like they are described to, I would absolutely overlook the appearance and own one.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LonesomeCowboyBert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    251
    I admit Ive not looked closely, but arent they the same as this year, just a different paint job?

  29. #29
    DenverDH'er
    Reputation: rep_1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Goblin
    USED TO LOVE commencals stuff, but not feeling the looks this year.... Furious has lost its lust factor.
    DH ones look odd, with that huge front triangle and tiny squat rear triangle..... proportions look imbalanced.
    Still, probably still pretty good to ride. Can't imagine the Athertons would ride sh*t bikes!!!!

    Yeah, several years ago I liked them. The last couple of years though, they've been going down-hill. No pun intended.

  30. #30
    dontcha?
    Reputation: captain spaulding's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by LonesomeCowboyBert
    I admit Ive not looked closely, but arent they the same as this year, just a different paint job?
    With the exception of the Furious the linkage/front triangle are completely different on the Supreme DH and Supreme Mini-DH/"Racing".. rear-end looks very similar(maybe the same?), although they might have changed them as well..
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

  31. #31
    dontcha?
    Reputation: captain spaulding's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    I absolutely agree. DHers look like Sunns, which wer silly great bikes but I still don't like the looks. Furious, now that I've seen them built up and from different angles just look goofy to me.
    Yeah I agree furious was my top choice but after seeing and looking at the Mini-DH side to side, it didn't make sense to me to spend the extra money on a heavier, less versatile, although badass looking bike(or so I thought). Kinda funny you mention Sunn bikes, one of the guys that was working at Sunn started Commencal, so that might explain it..


    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    I like the looks of Captian Spaulding's Mini DH much better than any of the '09s.

    I have to add that if these bikes perform like they are described to, I would absolutely overlook the appearance and own one.
    you're too kind.. hahaha.. I honestly feel like the new design/look will grow on people.. if it's an improvement over the old design (Interview w/Niko the designer behind the Supremes, he claims all the changes that have been made have improved the performance/feel of the bikes) I'd be even more inclined to look at getting an '09, I absolutely love my mdh so far..

    yeah your resident commencal whore.
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

  32. #32
    www.sirbikealotracing.com
    Reputation: sirbikealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by LonesomeCowboyBert
    I admit Ive not looked closely, but arent they the same as this year, just a different paint job?
    Furious carries over with two models making it more affordable

    Supreme DH (8inches now) and Supreme Racing (6.5 inches now) are both brand new front ends and linkage to make the center of gravity lower, increase travel, better shock rate, lower standover and even stronger front ends
    : : :http://sirbikealotracing.com/ : : : : : : : : :

    www.eastcoastopen.com
    DH/XC/Dual

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6
    Any more info on geometry? Could you somehow measure the standover height on the small Racing (mini DH)? I would really appreciate it.
    Cheers on the travel info.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    340
    i like the look of the furious, could you put a dual crown on it, or would it screw with the geometry

  35. #35
    www.sirbikealotracing.com
    Reputation: sirbikealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by shakenbakebaby
    i like the look of the furious, could you put a dual crown on it, or would it screw with the geometry
    you could but yes it would defeat the purpose of the bikes geometry and slopestyle nature
    : : :http://sirbikealotracing.com/ : : : : : : : : :

    www.eastcoastopen.com
    DH/XC/Dual

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    340
    alright thx for the info

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    340
    also does anybody know the price of the 08 supreme dh frame, and the new 09
    thx

  38. #38
    Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Reputation: Uncle Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,747
    I have to admit these are a mixed bag for me too... I like the Supreme racing and DH, but why is the stand-over compromised? I guess for strength, but I like melted top tubes myself...

    Not a fan of teal, or sea-foam green... But the Supreme DH Team Replica? Oh yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by captain spaulding
    ...Kinda funny you mention Sunn bikes, one of the guys that was working at Sunn started Commencal, so that might explain it..
    And since the main guy behind the Supreme & the Meta range is back at Sunn since last year, it's not very suprising that the 2009 Commencals look a lot like this years (2008) Sunn's www.sunn.fr (check the Kern, Kern LT and the Radical..)

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bxxer rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,411
    i beleive the orange 224 was the first to come up with the adjustable fead angle? 3 years ago i think it was, hasent any one else picked up on that? when they realist the 2005 224 full build one, it is one of the upgrades you can get (the upgrade it just for the extra sleeve you place in the head tube. http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/2008bik...-world-cup.php
    if you follow this link, then click on the upgrades&options link it is one of the 3 things you can get changed by orange
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

  41. #41
    dontcha?
    Reputation: captain spaulding's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion
    And since the main guy behind the Supreme & the Meta range is back at Sunn since last year, it's not very suprising that the 2009 Commencals look a lot like this years (2008) Sunn's www.sunn.fr (check the Kern, Kern LT and the Radical..)
    Commencal's are prettier
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

  42. #42
    make em say ugghhh
    Reputation: Stankiec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Goblin
    USED TO LOVE commencals stuff, but not feeling the looks this year.... Furious has lost its lust factor.
    DH ones look odd, with that huge front triangle and tiny squat rear triangle..... proportions look imbalanced.
    Still, probably still pretty good to ride. Can't imagine the Athertons would ride sh*t bikes!!!!
    absolutely agree. DHers look like Sunns, which wer silly great bikes but I still don't like the looks. Furious, now that I've seen them built up and from different angles just look goofy to me.


    I dont think they look goofy at all. Atleast when they are set up properly.


    My Bike is so ill it should be hooked up to life support

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MBMSfreerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    167
    I think they all look great. Really Unique.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.-Ferris Bueller

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bxxer rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMSfreerider
    I think they all look great. Really Unique.
    i agree whats the point if all the bikes look the same, surely if its like that then there will be no progress if no one tries some thing knew
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11
    I think they geo looks bad on the supreme DH because on another show they didnt have the correct shock length so it u look at the chain on the chainstay its almost sitting on it.


    To be honest, the supreme dh GFX dont look "****-hot" for 09, n im not digging it, but Ive raced my 07 supreme DH and ive been riding in whistler for the last 6 weeks and its Awesome to say the least.

    I am selling my 07 when i get back in september and getting an 09 supreme for sure. The lower shock and swingarm = lower center of gravity = better handling, which will make the bike amazing, as it corners well already!

    Just my piece!

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sdtmtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by captain spaulding
    With the exception of the Furious the linkage/front triangle are completely different on the Supreme DH and Supreme Mini-DH/"Racing".. rear-end looks very similar(maybe the same?), although they might have changed them as well..
    Both the DH Supreme and Mini DH are complete redesigns. Nothing carried over from the previous versions.

    Travel is up on both, COG is lower on both. Longer shock on the Supreme, not sure about the Mini. Chain guide issues with the Supreme have been sorted.

    The head angle is +/- 1 degree adjustable via an internal sleeve. The frames come with two sleeves - a straight one, plus the off centre sleeve for the adjustment.

    I've just built a Meta 4X - its the best short travel bike I've owned in 15 years of MTB.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Extracting stings from wasps in flight.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,446
    guess its time to sell my sunday

    new flava of the week time!

    Now if only peaty would win one I could get a v10 too!

  48. #48
    www.sirbikealotracing.com
    Reputation: sirbikealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    I have to admit these are a mixed bag for me too... I like the Supreme racing and DH, but why is the stand-over compromised? I guess for strength, but I like melted top tubes myself...

    Not a fan of teal, or sea-foam green... But the Supreme DH Team Replica? Oh yeah!

    it is not compromised, you need to read a bit further, they have actually lowered the standover by 1.5-2inches for 2009 on both bikes!!!!
    : : :http://sirbikealotracing.com/ : : : : : : : : :

    www.eastcoastopen.com
    DH/XC/Dual

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbikealot
    just an observation but it may be that they are geared in many respects to a younger generation of riders, the 40 plus category isn't that strong in the DH world. They are pushing the envelope in terms of aesthetics and its obviously working
    40 plus croud?

    im 18 and i think they look like sh*t
    i like the old style MUCH better

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    guess its time to sell my sunday

    new flava of the week time!

    Now if only peaty would win one I could get a v10 too!
    hahaha u buy ur bike baised off of who wins the world champs!? u gotta be kidding me, and i thought guys on pinkbike were bad!

    *sings* treeeennddddd wwhooooooreee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •