Thread: 09 supreme DH

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

... and if we just ... 09 supreme DH

I have not checked out this forum in awhile and to my surprise us comi enthusiasts now have our own forum so i figured i post up my bike. Unfortunately only ridden her like 5 times since there is stupid snow here, did take her to downieville and that was allot of climbing for this beast. I am far too lazy to post specs but it is basically the standard build, the boxxer wc, saint brakes, big ass sam hill bars, ect.

Just Gettin Started
    jealous!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    nice ride bro..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moegocanes
    jealous!
    me too

mtbr member
    Looks great. We have two of the S/M 09s at the shop. One is in white and the other the green fade you have. I've been dieing to build one up for myself, but I know as soon as I do someone will call and want the color I just built.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Which size bike is that and how tall are you? and what is the weight of the complete bike?

I am thinking of buying one, they look nice and the adjustable geometry seems very usefull.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    It is a large and i am 6ft 3in. I would only get it if u are seriously considering racing, because this bike is low as hell. also the top tube length is fairly short but has a very long wheelbase so it is really only a race bike. if this damn snow ever melts i will get some riding shots..

Living the High Life
    I'm getting one of those in a few months, specifically for racing. When you say the top tube is short but the wheel base is long, do you mean its a little tight through switch backs but comfy at high speeds?

I've ridden a 303, Faith, Sunday, M6, Demo 8. The Demo 8 had a long wheel base and felt like it had a long tail. The M6 felt like you had to lean forward a bit to ride at high speeds. Neither felt wrong, just different.

It does have adjustable wheel base, have you messed with that much?
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have barely played with the adjustable wheelbase since it has been snowing here. The bike is a little tricky through tight sections but it is defiantly the most stable bike i have ever ridden at high speeds it lust feels more and more stable the faster you go.

mtbr member
    I was looking at this bike for racing this season and can get a wicked deal on a large, but curious your thoughts on the sizing. I am at 5'11" and curious if the L is too big? Cheers

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantil3v3r
    I was looking at this bike for racing this season and can get a wicked deal on a large, but curious your thoughts on the sizing. I am at 5'11" and curious if the L is too big? Cheers
    I'm 6'1" and got a large. For you, I'd say Large as well.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I am 6" and also have a Large. I tested the S/M but that was way to small.
    The horizontal top tube of the large is the same as my medium socom.

mtbr member
    I picked up the '09 Large and it is wicked. Now just have to get time to head out to the trail. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    How is it for climbing ? Am 6ft 2in - and have to get to the top of a few trails, which means upping the seat post and turning a crank....

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy06
    How is it for climbing ? Am 6ft 2in - and have to get to the top of a few trails, which means upping the seat post and turning a crank....
    Mine has a DHX 5.0 on it and it pedals OK (better than expected actually), its only been used on shuttles and lifts though. I'd imagine on any climb that is 10+ minutes you're going to be breathing hard.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Well i just cracked this little baby so out with the frenchie and in with a nice american bike, an intense 951....

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Quote Originally Posted by giffels
    Well i just cracked this little baby so out with the frenchie and in with a nice american bike, an intense 951....
    What's the rest of the story? Where did it crack, how did you do it, and what did Commencal have to say?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Ok cracked on the downtube gusset, in the pic u can see a hairlin crack forming, the BTI warranty guy is amazing and is getting me a brand new 2010 frame for free, so I am super happy with the service. Not sure how it cracked tho...I sold it to a buddy already and ordered a 951, i only got an intense because I have never been satisfied with the commencal quality as far as welds go, but the bike did ride like a dream.

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Good to know BTI is hooking you up. I talked to a rep at a race last year before I bought my supreme, and he implied that BTI was trying to make for some past mistakes. Take that how you will, but at least they are replacing raced frames.

http://www.commencal.com/news/bicycl...arranty_en.pdf
    Last edited by jasonvelocity; 06-25-2009 at 06:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Bummer about the frame. I am glad that we were able to help you out on the replacement. From 09-2010 we changed the factory, painter, and even how those frames are welded. We did not have a lot of issues, but always strive to make a better product and take care of our customers. I hope that your friend likes the 2010!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Got my mini-DH last September - a 2009 frame - and its been great to ride. Climbs well and just flies downhill. The faster the better.
    Unfortunately the paint chips very easily, so I've wrapped it up in tape in places. Also the hanger is weak and have been thru a couple in 6 months.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Hi dude

how you resolved warranty? via pictures only or need send frame to bti?

thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Wish we had BTI over here - am actually based in Hong Kong, but I bought my frame from Fix Bikes in the US as they have sold out over here in Asia....

Am speaking with the local importer on what can be done. My buddy's 666 has same issue on paint. We are going in together.

Btw - have recently put a Hammerschmidt on my Mini-DH as we have a few climbs on our trails over here and its an awesome combination. Adds a pound or two in weight, but if you need two chain rings on your rig then its the answer - great clearance, no chain drop and change anywhere ability.