Thread: Zion Curtain?

mtbr member

Zion Curtain?

This weekend I had the pleasure to ride the Zion Curtain ttrail above Rabbit Valley, Missed seeing everyone, thanks for staying home. My guidebook spoke of a potential trail linking the RValley parking lot to the Zion Curtain trail, something that would stay on the south side of I-70, and link parking to the backside. After riding this trail, i want more and wonder whatever happend to this trail idea? Anyone know?

PS if you have not been back behind the Zion Curtain, You are missing out on one of the sweet rides in Rabbit Valley. We linked it into the Kokopelli trail and TR#2 to return to the car. 25-28 miles, great views, and sweet trail.

tg
    mtbr member

Pics ??

user-created
    You can combine it with the Western Rim trail. It'll still be quite similar in length to what you did, but with more singletrack. Which is good. It's on the Latitude 40 map.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I parked up on the rim near the Westwater exit, rode down the hill on the Kokopelli to start. Looks like the start from Rabbit Valley, under the interstate, is not as brutal a finish (riding BACK up that heinous hill).

Here is a link to a good map: http://www.gjmountainbiking.com/koko/zion.html

Great trail- I'd ride it clockwise- seems like the better terrain progression.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Lookign at cotrip.org camera at Loma, there seems to be patches of snow still? Or is that sand? Any snow on the ground making it muddy for tomorrow (looks to be a perfect day to be had)? Thanks for advise!

Tigers love pepper...
    It hasn't snowed here yet. That's just sand.

Should be great this weekend. Highs around 60.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Nice, thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Turned out that fall was still waiting for me in Fruita. Nice bright yellow, which dissapeared very quickly in the front range this year. Very beautiful morning. East portion of Marry's was a bit crowded, but once I crossed over to Lion's down continue on Kokopeli, I only saw a handful of riders. Kokopeli's and SS are match made in heaven.

On the other hand, I didn't really care for 18 Rds... I'm too slow for those flowy roller coaster ride I guess. Bike shops were bustling it seemed. Winter isn't much of a slow time for you guys, is it?

Was worth a crappy drive on 70. It always is a crappy drive.

Tigers love pepper...
    Jealous. I hope to get a ride in today, too many projects around the house yesterday. Baby is not cooperating today.