Bite Me.

Where NOT to ride on Fruita and GJ

Hi - I will not be riding the trails in GJ and Fruita - specifically I have heard about all the 18 Road stuff, Kokopelli's and Lunch Loops, as well as Rabbit Valley and the stuff up Bang's canyon, etc. I think I will NOT ride these areas. In fact I may not ride anywhere there at all. I may also not ride Palisade. I might just stay in the truck and drink beer. Just wondering if anyone has other ideas on places NOT to ride. This topic seems to be pretty well covered from the other side of the question - "where should I ride?" but no one seems to ever talk about where they haven't and shouldn't ride. Thanks for your help. Also, when it rains, do your trails get wet there?
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    Hi - I will not be riding the trails in GJ and Fruita - specifically I have heard about all the 18 Road stuff, Kokopelli's and Lunch Loops, as well as Rabbit Valley and the stuff up Bang's canyon, etc. I think I will NOT ride these areas. In fact I may not ride anywhere there at all. I may also not ride Palisade. I might just stay in the truck and drink beer. Just wondering if anyone has other ideas on places NOT to ride. This topic seems to be pretty well covered from the other side of the question - "where should I ride?" but no one seems to ever talk about where they haven't and shouldn't ride. Thanks for your help. Also, when it rains, do your trails get wet there?
    Great idea! Instead of riding, I will NOT ride Holy Cross tonight, and instead go to a bar and have a martini instead!

Tigers love pepper...
    I plan to not ride Troy built, Lions Loop and maybe even Mack Ridge tomorrow.

Bite Me.
    These are very helpful tips - thanks! A Martini sounds like a good option, but Gin or Vodka? Stirred or shaken? Olive or Lemon? I will not have a "dirty" Martini - those are an abomination in the face of the Lord.

decisions, decisions

I will probably not ride the Commando Loop from Vail Pass to 2 Elks, to Red Cliff to Lime Creek and back to Shrine Pass on Sunday, but then again, I might, unless I have too many Martinis.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    I will not have a "dirty" Martini - those are an abomination in the face of the Lord.
    A slightly, very slightly dirty martini, with not more than the olive juice adhering to the side of an olive or two, is excellent. The green abominations that most bartenders will serve you are indeed that.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    This thread is PURE GOLD!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    whatever you do, don't ride the ribbon to holy cross, definitely one of the worst trail combinations in the area.

TJ.
    MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer

May I suggest that you also NOT ride the Thompson Trail?

Please do not ride the Thompson trail. You would not like it, mainly a motorcycle trail but goes from Thompson springs to Mack at the Utah state line marker on Hwy 6.

Regards,

Thomas
    All my friends, and associates call me Uncle Rico.

www.fatboy.s5.com

mtbr member
    Avoid riding home from the Distillery after more than three drinks.