mtbr member
    Mar 2008

What are the trail conditions like in Fruita in early March?

I'm hoping to make a trip out West in early March, probably around March 2nd or 15th. I will be coming from Nebraska. I was planning to go to Idaho, but the trails are looking kind of iffy there at that time due to snow in the mountains. I'm now considering the Fruita area instead if the trails will be rideable during that time. If not, I'm open to heading to New Mexico, or wherever the trails are rideable. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated! Just for the record, I'm not looking for anything too technical - just terrain I can ride on with an entry level 29er that won't shake apart my cheap Rockshox XC28 fork! LOL
    Last edited by getagrip; 01-31-2013 at 01:35 PM.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Total crapshoot. Could be perfect, sunny, and warm. Could be cold, snowy, and crap.

Sounds like you're flexible, though... AZ is probably too far?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    Total crapshoot. Could be perfect, sunny, and warm. Could be cold, snowy, and crap.

Sounds like you're flexible, though... AZ is probably too far?
    Thanks for the response. Yeah, that's what its looking like right now. It may be good, and it may not be so good, so I will just have to wait. AZ is not out of the question, but since I will likely be driving my gas guzzling Ford Explorer (unless I rent a Ford Fiesta), an extra 800 miles round trip would be about $200 extra in gas! New Mexico is closer, but I'm not sure how good the mountain biking will be that time of year.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    the way it looks right now, we should be decent in March. we are riding now, sort of. you can always call up over the edge sports for trail info, or if you facebook, you can check trail info

here: Over The Edge Sports - Fruita, CO - Men's Clothing Store, Women's Clothing Store | Facebook

and here: Fruita Mountain Biking - Fruita, CO - Sports Venue & Stadium | Facebook