TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Western State College Alumni Roll Call

There are rumors that WSC folks lurk here (surprise surprise)... so: Roll Call!

When were you there, what were you riding then, what did you study, where are you now, what are you riding now?

Me:

1981-1985, an American Flyer (a Kuwahara with bling, I think it had 15 speeds), geology, Boise, a SStumpy singlespeed convert.

(I remember when Hartman's Rocks was a 4-wheeling place the local yahoos went to site in their rifles.)
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member

WSC Grad

I was there 92-94 and majored in Sociology. Rode a Mt. Cycle San Andreas all around Hartmans, Rage in the Sage, The upper, middle and lower luge...and countless trips to CB and Moab. I still have my WSC bike club jersey!

I'm currently in South O.C. California riding a Specialized Enduro but I break out the Mt. Cycles for some nostalgia every now and then!

I'm hoping to go back some day and ride the trails again.

Here's the old bike just in case anyone remembers seeing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

a dad
    Jan 2004
    1993 BA in Biology, Teaching license in 97, rode many bikes while there (from 89-98)from a nishiki, trek 9800 (stolen), trek 950, a couple specialized SJ m2's...

live in denver now work as a special education teacher, have wife and 2 kids, still ride as much as ever and get to gunny usually 2 times per year for a little monarch, hartmans and cb riding...now i ride a yeti 575..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Then/Now

Then: 87-91, BA Small Business. I rode my trusty, steel Bridgestone MB3 all over the place. Hartmans is still one of my all time favorite riding areas. I recently found some old pics from Hartmans, Moab and Pearl Pass on that bike.
    I thought that bike was great until that Dave Wiens character showed up at Hartmans for a ride one day with some newfangled thing called a Rock Shox on his bike.

Now: Littleton, married w/ 4 month old, just graduated again(MBA from CU-Denver,Dec04), and currently job hunting (sales/marketing). Riding Giant NRS as much as possible. I need to get back down there again-its been a couple of years.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cross post

I would think a cross post to both/either the Passion and/or Front Range boards would round up more alum. This board is a little more quiet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shmrcksean
    I was there 92-94 and majored in Sociology. Rode a Mt. Cycle San Andreas all around Hartmans, Rage in the Sage, The upper, middle and lower luge...and countless trips to CB and Moab. I still have my WSC bike club jersey!

I'm currently in South O.C. California riding a Specialized Enduro but I break out the Mt. Cycles for some nostalgia every now and then!

I'm hoping to go back some day and ride the trails again.

Here's the old bike just in case anyone remembers seeing it.

those townhouses/apartments look friggin pimp, about how much do they cost?

mtbr member
    It's a detached 1500 sq ft house and it costs way too much...I couldn't buy one now. The last one of my model sold in the high $500,000. OC house prices are insane.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shmrcksean
    It's a detached 1500 sq ft house and it costs way too much...I couldn't buy one now. The last one of my model sold in the high $500,000. OC house prices are insane.

so prices have risen over the past few years? when do they expect to crash?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    89-94 Got a Studio Art degree and a lot of ski/riding days in.

I'm actually still here in Sunny Gunny. The skiing's been killer lately!

Matt

TJ.
    MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer

That's not skiing silly.

Quote Originally Posted by GSpot_MattB
    89-94 Got a Studio Art degree and a lot of ski/riding days in.

I'm actually still here in Sunny Gunny. The skiing's been killer lately!

Matt

Thats rock climbing.

TJ
    All my friends, and associates call me Uncle Rico.

www.fatboy.s5.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

oops

Quote Originally Posted by TJ.
    Thats rock climbing.

TJ
    I thought there was some reason I should have mtb content.
    How's this?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    That's beautiful.

CB is petty interchangable with BC

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    There are rumors that WSC folks lurk here (surprise surprise)... so: Roll Call!

When were you there, what were you riding then, what did you study, where are you now, what are you riding now?

Me:

1981-1985, an American Flyer (a Kuwahara with bling, I think it had 15 speeds), geology, Boise, a SStumpy singlespeed convert.

(I remember when Hartman's Rocks was a 4-wheeling place the local yahoos went to site in their rifles.)
    You were a Geology major!?! What a colosal waste of time.... Oh wait, I was too. But I went to Mesa State! Mav's rule!
    Back then I rode mostly a Schwinn unicycle. Now I ride a Kona dual squishy, Cannondale F1000, HT SS, and a Bianchi fixie.
    Sorry. Didn't mean to butt in on a Wasted State thing.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MUD KING
    That's beautiful.

CB is petty interchangable with BC
    That may be true, but that photo is from Monarch (Jan 05). CB was great for getting good at steeps, but Monarch ruled for powder! What an education one can get here in the G-Spot!

Style Is Nothing

not to bring up a old thread... but

not to bring up a old thread... but my dad used to go to WSC, he dident ride bikes back then, he did mass media, and ran kwsbi (i think that is how you spell the radio staion), and now he still rides his old school manitou (one of the first made) with the old manitou elastomer forks. I think he graduated in 85 or something like that. O yea, his name is Scott Myers if you care. Now my brother goes there, and probally me here too in 3 years.

-Chris

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard85
    so prices have risen over the past few years? when do they expect to crash?

I've lived here all my life (40 odd years), and I've been predicting a crash every year for the last 20 or so. It aint happenend yet. I'm saying next year will be the one. Real estate crashes, the rich and famous leave, the dopes who come to play where the rich and famous play, leave. The Texans all go away and I get my state back. It could happen.
    hell, I'd settle for getting rid of the damn Texans.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

Oh, BTW. I went to Mesa State.We loved you Wasted State folks. Any time we needed to freeze our asses off, we'd come to visit.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.