Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Western Slope trail conditions and links

95K views 277 replies 113 participants last post by  brado 
#1 · (Edited)
Please post trail conditions here, thanks.

Durango weather
Phil's World link
trail conditions - Trails 2000

Webcam

GJ/Fruita weather
COPMOBA

Trail maps

Crested Butte/Gunnison weather
Hartman Rocks Open for the season! 3/26/12
Gunnison Trails
CB trail conditions link
and here

CB Webcam
Gunnison Webcam

Salida weather
trails link

Carbondale/Glenwood/Aspen weather
Trails

Aspen Webcams

Steamboat weather
Trail Conditions

Webcam

Telluride weather
Trails
San Miguel Bicycle Alliance - Official Site

Webcam

See less See more
#2 ·
Doctor Park?

It says "Not recommended" on the MTB HoF website, but they didn't always have timely updates in the past. Any chance it'll be rideable this Monday, 5/31?

If not, could anyone recommend good singletrack in the Gunnison area that isn't at Hartman? I'll have had my fill Sunday. Bringing my XC bike for the race, and my 6" bike, just in case.

#3 ·
perioeci said:
It says "Not recommended" on the MTB HoF website, but they didn't always have timely updates in the past. Any chance it'll be rideable this Monday, 5/31?

If not, could anyone recommend good singletrack in the Gunnison area that isn't at Hartman? I'll have had my fill Sunday. Bringing my XC bike for the race, and my 6" bike, just in case.
A friend of mine ran up it last weekend, didn't run into snow, but many down trees. I would consider Needle Creek and Sun Park. Stand Hill in CB is dry along with some stuff up Cement Creek.

As of 5/29 Doctor's park had 3ft snow in the trees, downhill is dry.
Deer Creek, CB mud fest 5/29

#6 ·
I might be up in the Vail area this weekend. I would love to hit up one of my favorites while I am up there. So does anyone know if Meadow Mountain in Minturn is ridable yet? Or know where I might find any information as to whether or not is it ridable yet? Thanks in advance for any beta and sorry if I missed any current info that was posted elsewhere.

#10 ·
So who rode GJ/Fruita this weekend? How are the trails holding the water? I had to cancel my ride yesterday to install a garage door opener instead.......

My brother and nephew are arriving in state today and want to get a few rides in hopefully. I was planning to hit 18rd for sure, and then maybe LL or Koko another day.

#11 ·
cobi said:
So who rode GJ/Fruita this weekend? How are the trails holding the water? I had to cancel my ride yesterday to install a garage door opener instead.......

My brother and nephew are arriving in state today and want to get a few rides in hopefully. I was planning to hit 18rd for sure, and then maybe LL or Koko another day.
My wife rode Loma yesterday morning and they said the trails were in great condition.

#20 ·
Cortez

Will be in the Cortez area for biz week after next from Arizona. Weather looks good, how is Phil's and Sandy Canyon? If I can only ride one, which one?

Thx boyz and girls....Pm me when you get to Phoenix and i will help you out...:madman:

#21 ·
What are the conditions like around Cortez in the first few weeks of May? I've been wanting to come to Cortez and I have the week of May 9th to do so if the trails are good. Assuming the weather is good, is there anything in particular (like big events) that I should worry about? I'm from Wisconsin and I need to get some riding in elsewhere while I wait for our trails to dry out. :)

#22 ·
circusubet said:
Will be in the Cortez area for biz week after next from Arizona. Weather looks good, how is Phil's and Sandy Canyon? If I can only ride one, which one?

Thx boyz and girls....Pm me when you get to Phoenix and i will help you out...:madman:
I rode sand canyon last night - and the trail was in perfect condition

I started it as the sun went down so saw some of the ruins along the way before ,the sun went down - then it was a hoot as a night ride

I'd recommend you ride that trail rather than phils - if you like non manicured singletrack

#23 ·
Conditions in Leadville---end of June/early July

Hey guys, I'm thinking about a trip to Leadville the last weekend in June and possibly July 4th weekend...is most everything rideable by then? Would like to hit up the colorado trail for sure and the trails up behind the college...any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

#25 ·
Hard to say what will be dry by then. The northern and central Colorado Mtns have a near record snowpack and a late start to the meltout. That said, it's been mostly dry and warm for the last couple weeks and it's melting fast, but there is still a lot of snow to melt before any of the high alpine trails are good to go. Lower elevation stuff is opening up quickly though. In the least, I'd say expect snow drifts and some walking due to snow and mud on trails above 11,500' by then, especially on north aspect slopes.