Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Western Slope trail conditions and links

Please post trail conditions here, thanks.

Durango weather
    Phil's World link
    trail conditions - Trails 2000

Webcam

GJ/Fruita weather
    COPMOBA

Trail maps

Crested Butte/Gunnison weather
    Hartman Rocks Open for the season! 3/26/12
    Gunnison Trails
    CB trail conditions link
    and here

CB Webcam
    Gunnison Webcam

Salida weather
    trails link

Carbondale/Glenwood/Aspen weather
    Trails

Aspen Webcams

Steamboat weather
    Trail Conditions

Webcam

Telluride weather
    Trails
    San Miguel Bicycle Alliance - Official Site

Webcam
    Last edited by gunnirider; 03-26-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: update

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Doctor Park?

It says "Not recommended" on the MTB HoF website, but they didn't always have timely updates in the past. Any chance it'll be rideable this Monday, 5/31?

If not, could anyone recommend good singletrack in the Gunnison area that isn't at Hartman? I'll have had my fill Sunday. Bringing my XC bike for the race, and my 6" bike, just in case.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by perioeci
    It says "Not recommended" on the MTB HoF website, but they didn't always have timely updates in the past. Any chance it'll be rideable this Monday, 5/31?

If not, could anyone recommend good singletrack in the Gunnison area that isn't at Hartman? I'll have had my fill Sunday. Bringing my XC bike for the race, and my 6" bike, just in case.
    A friend of mine ran up it last weekend, didn't run into snow, but many down trees. I would consider Needle Creek and Sun Park. Stand Hill in CB is dry along with some stuff up Cement Creek.

As of 5/29 Doctor's park had 3ft snow in the trees, downhill is dry.
    Deer Creek, CB mud fest 5/29

mtbr member

Breckenridge?

Is the Bakers Tank trail snow-free yet?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Here's more on Telluride:

http://www.telluridesmba.org/

The Bike Park is open, Village Trail is open, Prospect Trail is closed until July 1 for Elk Calving.

http://www.mountain-village.co.us/index.aspx?nid=378

The Town of Mountain Village provides the Gondola as free public transportation as a way to promote business.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I might be up in the Vail area this weekend. I would love to hit up one of my favorites while I am up there. So does anyone know if Meadow Mountain in Minturn is ridable yet? Or know where I might find any information as to whether or not is it ridable yet? Thanks in advance for any beta and sorry if I missed any current info that was posted elsewhere.

mtbr member
    401 climb from Scofield Pass to the top has been cleared of the down trees 6/5

mtbr member
    thanks very much to whomever cleared those trees!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    As of 7-15, the Raggeds trail off McClure Pass has 100 or more downed trees if anyone is thinking of giving that one a go...

Tigers love pepper...
    So who rode GJ/Fruita this weekend? How are the trails holding the water? I had to cancel my ride yesterday to install a garage door opener instead.......

My brother and nephew are arriving in state today and want to get a few rides in hopefully. I was planning to hit 18rd for sure, and then maybe LL or Koko another day.

Pedal Masher
    Quote Originally Posted by cobi
    So who rode GJ/Fruita this weekend? How are the trails holding the water? I had to cancel my ride yesterday to install a garage door opener instead.......

My brother and nephew are arriving in state today and want to get a few rides in hopefully. I was planning to hit 18rd for sure, and then maybe LL or Koko another day.
    My wife rode Loma yesterday morning and they said the trails were in great condition.

Newt Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cbmtbr
    As of 7-15, the Raggeds trail off McClure Pass has 100 or more downed trees if anyone is thinking of giving that one a go...
    Dang. I better pack the long saw this weekend.

Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

tg
    mtbr member
    Prime time in Eagle.

mtbr member
    Horse gulch trails in Durango are good to go if you stick to the south facing slopes and stay out of heavily treed areas. there are couple muddy spots here and there, but they are easily carried around.

mtbr member

Hartman Rocks.

I called the BLM this morning, they said Hartman Rocks is open to MTB at 1 pm today.

Chunky Monkey

Gonna Visit

Will be in the Cortez area for biz week after next from Arizona. Weather looks good, how is Phil's and Sandy Canyon? If I can only ride one, which one?

Thx in advance,

John
    Lurkers Unite! Never mind....

tg
    mtbr member

Eagle is ON

All lower trails are prime!!

mtbr member
    Rain/snow for Eagle today so Eagle is no longer prime

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    FYI, Monarch Crest and 401 are still under snow.

Chunky Monkey

Cortez

Will be in the Cortez area for biz week after next from Arizona. Weather looks good, how is Phil's and Sandy Canyon? If I can only ride one, which one?

Thx boyz and girls....Pm me when you get to Phoenix and i will help you out...
    Lurkers Unite! Never mind....

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    What are the conditions like around Cortez in the first few weeks of May? I've been wanting to come to Cortez and I have the week of May 9th to do so if the trails are good. Assuming the weather is good, is there anything in particular (like big events) that I should worry about? I'm from Wisconsin and I need to get some riding in elsewhere while I wait for our trails to dry out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by circusubet

Thx boyz and girls....Pm me when you get to Phoenix and i will help you out...

I rode sand canyon last night - and the trail was in perfect condition

I started it as the sun went down so saw some of the ruins along the way before ,the sun went down - then it was a hoot as a night ride

I'd recommend you ride that trail rather than phils - if you like non manicured singletrack
    My MTB road trip website http://www.mtb-hol.com

mtbr member

Conditions in Leadville---end of June/early July

Hey guys, I'm thinking about a trip to Leadville the last weekend in June and possibly July 4th weekend...is most everything rideable by then? Would like to hit up the colorado trail for sure and the trails up behind the college...any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Is Snowmass Rim trail rideable/dry?

Does anyone know if the Rim Trail in Snowmass or some of the other Aspen area mt bike rides, are dry and rideable now??

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hard to say what will be dry by then. The northern and central Colorado Mtns have a near record snowpack and a late start to the meltout. That said, it's been mostly dry and warm for the last couple weeks and it's melting fast, but there is still a lot of snow to melt before any of the high alpine trails are good to go. Lower elevation stuff is opening up quickly though. In the least, I'd say expect snow drifts and some walking due to snow and mud on trails above 11,500' by then, especially on north aspect slopes.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast