Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    Probably dumb question but where we r from trails withstand a lot of rain.
    Engineers coalbank too wet?

mtbr member
    Anybody know current conditions of the Sidewinder near Montrose?
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

Tigers love pepper...
    Phils World conditions? Found a few links but all updates were old. Looks lke I'm doing an overnight in Cortez next week, not sure if I will have a chance to ride either way but.......

12 hour MV race course was good to go last weekend. Could only be better now.

Why would you own 100 Yugos when you could own 1 Porsche? - Rumpfy

Tigers love pepper...
    Quote Originally Posted by ameybrook View Post
    12 hour MV race course was good to go last weekend. Could only be better now.
    Great now if I can just find a way to sneak a ride in. Unfortunately it sounds like I'm gonna be working non-stop. Maybe Thur afternoon before I head home....

Tigers love pepper...
    We're getting dumped on in GJ. Safe to assume Phil's is a no go for Thursday at this point?

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Just got hammered with 9" of snow here in KC....more still falling...Only riding is for those who got a good fatbike.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    GJ trail updates?? Not sure if you all got the snow.. but things are drying out fast in the front range..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    We got snow and then a few days of rain. No go right now, but if the weekend is really going to be pushing 60, we should be able to ride next week. Still a good bit of snow on the ground.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Western Slope trail conditions and links

Whats it looking like now out there?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    as of February 24, Rabbit Valley, Kokopelli, and 18 rd are good to go (a bit rutted from cows here and there, but if we ride it enough, it'll smooth out). Lunch Loops still needs to dry out on the higher stuff, but lower stuff seems ok.

Paste eater
    What's the snow situation in gunny? Hartmans?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    What's the snow situation in gunny? Hartmans?
    hartmans is a long ways off this year, still lots of snow in gunny. I'm guessing sometime mid or late April if we get some warm weather soon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Berry Creek in Edwards is 95% rideable. The north facing pitches are a little muddy but not bad!

mtbr member
    May 2008

Haflin trees?

trails2k says there are 50 downed trees on Haflin Creek. Anyone been up there this spring?

mtbr member
    Hartman Rocks opened today 4/21/14

misanthrope
    Any idea how much snow is at Harman Rocks? Was hoping to ride there this weekend (5/17).

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jay dee View Post
    Any idea how much snow is at Harman Rocks? Was hoping to ride there this weekend (5/17).

Thanks
    gunny didn't get too much snow, if there is still any snow it will be gone by today, should be perfect weather this weekend.

mtbr member
    Gunny got more snow then CB did yesterday. Heard some idiots tried to ride it yesterday ...they said it was a mess. Tomorrow should be good to go.

mtbr member
    How is the snowpack in the San Juans and SW CO? We didn't have "winter" in AZ this winter. Was the W. Slope dry like AZ? How soon do you think high country trails will be rideable? Like the CT between Durango and Silverton? How about up around Crested Butte? I see it is snowing on the Iron Horse right now.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    any condition reports from the Crest? July 3rd lookin too soon or is the snow melting quick?

The Original Suspect
    Wondering what trails are not rideable. Gonna be in Durango next weekend and it would help to know which, if any, trails are closed or from a local perspective, unrideable.

Thanks.

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post
    any condition reports from the Crest? July 3rd lookin too soon or is the snow melting quick?
    I can't say I know for sure, I'm on the injured reserve right now so haven't been even looking. But I will say that I did a short hike on the cdt/ct south from Marshall Pass on Sunday and ran into piles of snow before I expected to. Normally by the 15th of June you can ride from Marshall Pass south to Silver Creek Trail and down (and rainbow of course, that's been riding for over a month).

So I'd call that a week late.

I guarantee you that the High Valley Center will be running their shuttles by the weekend of the 4th. (and the 3rd) There will be big drifts. But people will be riding it. There will be drifts well into July this year. But people will be riding it.

If you want more direct beta you should check with Absolute Bikes, 719 539 9295
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7