Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Very cool - looking forward to it! Thanks for the beta!
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

Oh no you di'int
    May 2009

Teocali Ridge

I was hoping to ride Teocali for my B-day this weekend but according to the trail conditions link its a no go:

Teocalli Ridge
    Conditions: Teocalli Ridge Trail is closed to all users until the trail is repaired-likely next year. Only ride as an out and back on the uphill. West Brush Creek crossing is high and dangerous on the road, and gets bigger by afternoon. I wouldn't cross it alone ! People have drown in this crossing. There is a rope to help cross. 7-16-11. great flowers in the area.

Does anyone have more info about the damage to the trail? Thanks. Any alternates would be appreciated, other than Dr's Park, RFBD, and 401. Really liked Teo's descent.
    Last edited by knumbskull; 07-25-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling/formatting

mtbr member
    I camped off of Brush creek this past weekend. A couple of guys camping out there rode it on Sat - they didn't say anything about it being closed or heavy trail damage.

Wildflowers are exploding in CB now! For alternatives, I heard Deer Creek was good, but didn't hit it myself.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    I was hoping to ride Teocali for my B-day this weekend but according to the trail conditions link its a no go:

Does anyone have more info about the damage to the trail? Thanks. Any alternates would be appreciated, other than Dr's Park, RFBD, and 401. Really liked Teo's descent.
    Teo was getting pretty moto-ed out. I'm not exactly sure what the FS is doing about it, but I would assume they're using heavy machinery and placing cinder blocks.

Sounds like you like fast, steep, freeride-ey trails if you like Teo. I'd suggest 409 and a half, or replacing flag on RFBD with what I've been calling "XX". I bet you'd like 413 as well, and it will be closed to all users in the near future, but the Taylor river crossing would be nasty right now. Maybe roaring judy. Info on those rides and a bunch more on my blog HERE.

Oh no you di'int
    May 2009
    Thanks Frank. You gave me some info about the Raggeds trail last year which actually ended up being a great ride. The deadfall was all cut out and the trail was in great shape. I think its better to ride it in the fall when the trail has had a chance to be cleared out. Thanks for the beta on trails around CB, I'll check out one of those trails.

slcdawg, how was Doctors?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Frank

Do you know when 413 is slated to be closed?

does this map show the closure that is supposed to happen?

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial..._North_ROD.pdf

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post

Wildflowers are exploding in CB now! For alternatives, I heard Deer Creek was good, but didn't hit it myself.
    Rode it about 6 days ago as a loop from camp on Slate River with Upper Upper, etc. Total blast. My first time riding the trail. STEEEEP climbing and then I totally dug the rolling cross-country singletrack across the ridge.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    slcdawg, how was Doctors?
    Doctors lived up to the hype! Thanks for the beta. The stream crossing wasn't bad - just above the knee. The top of the descent was a little tech on the HT, but the buff ST of the Star Wars section was a total blast - definitely will be hitting it again.

With the long, but easy spin on the road this made for a great Sunday recovery ride. Highly, highly recommended.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    No problem knumbskull. Maybe check out Texas Ridge as another option, too.

BDKeg, 413 is the dashed line on the North shore of Taylor Reservoir that heads towards matchless. A friend of mine who works for the FS said they're concentrating on closing user-created roads that lead to campsites right now, and there is a good chance that they won't get around to closing 413 this summer at all.

Speaking of the Raggeds, anyone been on that yet this year? I was thinking of riding it back after a friends' party in Marble in a couple of weeks, but I don't want to deal with tons of deadfall again. (And I agree with you knumbskull, it's a better fall ride.)

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cbmtbr View Post
    BDKeg, 413 is the dashed line on the North shore of Taylor Reservoir that heads towards matchless. A friend of mine who works for the FS said they're concentrating on closing user-created roads that lead to campsites right now, and there is a good chance that they won't get around to closing 413 this summer at all.
    that's good...I need to get over there and ride it soon. I wonder what the chances are of creating a petition/proposal in CB for keeping the trail open but for non-motorized users?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post
    that's good...I need to get over there and ride it soon. I wonder what the chances are of creating a petition/proposal in CB for keeping the trail open but for non-motorized users?
    Not a chance- it's too steep and it's important habitat for Bighorn Sheep, plus they already spent a lot of time going through the whole land use process. That said, we could have lost quite a few trails...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Anyone heard anything about the condition of the Raggeds trail?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    anybody ridden Eccher Gulch lately? Was wondering what kind of condition it's in, possibly thinking about riding it this coming weekend.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Rode it 3 weeks ago. 5 thumbs up

Flaccid Member
    Anybody ridden any of the goods in the SW corner of CO, say like the north fork, West Mancos, or Stoner Mesa or the Calico Trail over there by Dolores or Rico? Looking for aspen trees and good fall colors right now.

Also some good bike shops in the area where I can buy some maps? the Latitude 40 map I have of Durango doesn't show what I need to know to get to Stoner Mesa or the Calico trail heads.

PM's Ok if you need to.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post
    anybody ridden Eccher Gulch lately? Was wondering what kind of condition it's in, possibly thinking about riding it this coming weekend.
    Did you make it to Eccher? If so, how is the condition and where did you access it from? We were thinking of hitting it in early October from Deadman's/Rosebud. Used to have access to it from private property off Jacks up above the ranch then using private trails to access Granite Basin but the property has been sold and we don't know the new owner who is from out of state.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    in fruita - halloween, clear skies, 60 degrees, trails are begging to be ridden.

current conditions for fruita are frequently updated at these facebook pages

and

Over The Edge Sports - Sports/Recreation/Activities | Facebook

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Anyone been out to Sand Canyon lately? I'm assuming too muddy or snowy right now?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    rode Fruita on 1/6/12. 50 degrees and sunny! epic

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hartman's is riding nice... in January. Man I want it to snow.

Tigers love pepper...
    Nicely done. I gotta go check that out!

I dream on two wheels
    Does anyone know about the Gunnison and Hartman rocks area? Thank you!
    Whiskey

Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonns View Post
    Does anyone know about the Gunnison and Hartman rocks area? Thank you!
    Umm . . did you look two posts up?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Any word on Sand Canyon, or Barker Dome?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Heading to Barker Dome Sunday - expect snow on the northern slopes.

Update 1/29/12 - Muddy conditions
    Last edited by nmfly; 01-29-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast