Bix Pender
    Feb 2009

Western Deep creek loop

...in telluride. Sounds tough with the hike abike sections, but riding across the steep slopes of mount sneffels sounds tempting.

Does anybody know about this trail?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eatmorecarp
    ...in telluride. Sounds tough with the hike abike sections, but riding across the steep slopes of mount sneffels sounds tempting.

Does anybody know about this trail?
    I rode it last week and it's a great trail in great condition right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bix Pender
    Feb 2009
    thanks for the pic. that looks awesome. I love how disorienting the trees are.... I gotta ride it.

Bix Pender
    Feb 2009
    On the far western part of Deep Creek Trail, is there any indication of when you are crossing over into the Wilderness area?

I wouldn't want to go where I'm not supposed to...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eatmorecarp
    On the far western part of Deep Creek Trail, is there any indication of when you are crossing over into the Wilderness area?

I wouldn't want to go where I'm not supposed to...
    It is very well signed, you will have no worries. Telluride does not lack in effort of directing bikers where to go.

Az HS Cycling League

A+

It is a way cool trail. Definately took some work for a flat lander but paid off nicely. I rode it from the airport side back to town and hooked up with Mill Creek (?) I think. Great riding.
    Support Arizona High School Cycling League in 2013
    www.arizonamtb.org

BSG
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I ride some part of deep creek every week. The best way in my opinion is to ride eider up(stay on old trail) then ride deep to the left(west). Once you hit the the old road go left. Instead of decending down deep creek to the parking lot go left onto Penelope cruise trail. Its a small climb to a killer down hill. It does not go through wilderness area(wilderness starts around 700 vert above the trail
    bsg

Bix Pender
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BSG
    I ride some part of deep creek every week. The best way in my opinion is to ride eider up(stay on old trail) then ride deep to the left(west). Once you hit the the old road go left. Instead of decending down deep creek to the parking lot go left onto Penelope cruise trail. Its a small climb to a killer down hill. It does not go through wilderness area(wilderness starts around 700 vert above the trail
    bsg

Is Penelope cruise trail marked?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSG
    bsg
    No wilderness, but it is private land. go to the parking lot.
    http://www.gjmountainbiking.com

Bix Pender
    Feb 2009
    somebody's trying to get me shot, eh!