mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Vernal to Steamboat.......

Can anyone fill me in on trails to ride in northwest CO. Say from Dinosaur, Co. to Steamboat. Any help much appreciated......

Cycling, FTW!!
    http://www.rangely.com/Biking.htm

When are you planning on riding? anything farther east than Craig might be done for the season unless we get a few weeks of warm weather.
    If you are planning ahead for next summer than you should check out the Elkhead mountains north of Craig. There are a few sweet trails like the Bears Ears trail that encircles the entire mountain range. Black Mountain trail is also amazing and not to be missed.
    "When you pay $340 to do a 24 hour race you'll only have enough money to eat mustard sandwiches the rest of the year." -TD

mtbr member
    As long as the snow hold out thr RCR website has some basic info;
    http://www.routtcountyriders.org/mtntrails.shtml
    It's day to day up here now, the winter is comming and snow and mud is closing thigs every day. Call and talk to a local shop before riding, Orange Peel is my fav.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey, thanks guys for the response. Not looking for anything specific, moved to Vernal a couple of years ago and love the trails here but just trying to find out what else is around here.
    again thanks and if you can think of anymore, by all means speak up!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Anyone know what the trail conditions, i.e bears ears etc. over towards the Steamboat area?

mtbr member
    Things are opening up in town, but up north there is still lots of snow on Sand mt, and the Bear's ears. we do have a steamboat trail conditions thread going..
    Steamboat Springs Trails Update