mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Turkey Flats Conditions

Thinking of heading up Glade Park way tomorrow after sweating like a pig at 8 in the morning on today's ride. I saw cars loaded with bikes flying up Monument Rd as I was sitting in the LL lot.

Is Haypress and the rest of Turkey flats dry, or relatively dry? After spending quite a bit of time getting all of mud and grit from last week's Flowing Park ride off the bike, I would prefer to get in a higher elevation ride in that isn't too sloppy.

As an alternative any info updates on West Bench are appreciated also.

Thanks!
    Uh-huh, uh-huh. Okay. Um Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about uuhhh, things. Uhh... the things.

user-created
    West Bench is dry and free of trees.

Haven't been on Turkey Flats recently. A month ago it was a little wet and covered in deadfall. But fun. I would imagine someone has been up there with a chainsaw by now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Awesome, thanks!
    Uh-huh, uh-huh. Okay. Um Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about uuhhh, things. Uhh... the things.

mtbr member

T-Flats Conditions are:

Absolutely dialed. For those who ride that trail regularly, you'll understand what the following statement means: You DO NOT need to get off your bike at all. Even on Haypress. Everything is absolutely perfect. Will post a ride report in a few.

FYI: US ARMY is up there working on the dam of Fruita Res #1. They are not allowing access around the lake. We got lucky, and they let us pass through after some sweet talk. There is not a sign at the T-Flats/Haypress intersection, so if (like us) you came in from Haypress instead of the road, you would not know this untill you got there. There IS a sign at the top of Fruita Res1 trail warning of no access.
    [SIZE=3]Don't take the smooth lines fast, take the fast lines smooth.[/SIZE]
    www.yeticycles.com
    SHIMANO SAINT
    Smith Optics
    Maxxis Tires
    www.mrpbike.com

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    Official werd from the man himself is that the public is invited to the "grand opening" on the 1st, and the Army should be outta there by the 8th. We just made a sweet sign for the 947th here at the shop..check it out
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Anybody know?

We were up on the 5th and they were still there. Going up tonight. Can anyone confirm if Access is allowed around Res 1 now? I'll report back tomorrow.
    [SIZE=3]Don't take the smooth lines fast, take the fast lines smooth.[/SIZE]
    www.yeticycles.com
    SHIMANO SAINT
    Smith Optics
    Maxxis Tires
    www.mrpbike.com

Jul 2009

Update

I guess I will beat SM to the punch here, . . .

Res. No. 1 Rd is open, and the National Guard appear to have left. Some civilian looking equipment still around. Looks like there is a lot of clean up left to do.

Getting a little dry. Looks like it is raining up there as I type, sure hope so.