mtbr member

Trip to Steamboat Springs 8/8

I'm new to this forum but look up trails on MTBR all the time and I wanted to connect with some other riders on here that live up in Steamboat. I'm headed there for a week this Saturday and I'm looking for locals that might interested in riding with me, show me the good trails! I'm an intermediate rider...improving fast.

I'm a 29yr old female living in Thornton on a normal basis and ride at least 2-3 times a week here on the front range. I will also have my dog and would be down for some great hikes as well if you all know of any!

Thanks!

Cycling, FTW!!
    I'd check out Emerald mtn/Howelsen hill for sure. You can pick up a map at parks & rec. (a few blocks down the road from the ski jumps).
    There are lots of longer rides in the area too. Type "steamboat" into the search function and you will get a long list of threads that discuss what trails you should ride.
    "When you pay $340 to do a 24 hour race you'll only have enough money to eat mustard sandwiches the rest of the year." -TD

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Emerald Mt has the best trails close to town, Spring creek is up by the high school, and you can take your dog off leash up there. Mt Werner is home to our big ski area and has ok trails, for a ski area, worth the ride up and down, but lots more tourist traffic.

The Routt County Riders website lists some other rides, check it out here:

http://www.routtcountyriders.org/mtntrails.shtml

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I climbed Yoo Hoo to Sunshine to Pete's (almost all single track up and very climbable)and then took the trail that heads off to Rabbit Ears and took a left on to Fish Creek back down. Majore pucker factor down Fish Cr. I hear this is a mostly hiker trail so it is recomended to give way to hikers.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyTrails
    I hear this is a mostly hiker trail so it is recomended to give way to hikers.
    You really should "give way" to hikers on any trail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    [QUOTE=SkaredShtles]You really should "give way" to hikers on any trail.

umm, thanks! I didnt know the Sierra Club posted on this forum.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    [QUOTE=SkaredShtles]You really should "give way" to hikers on any trail.

umm, thanks! I didnt know the Sierra Club posted on this forum.