Pin it to win it
    Aug 2008

Telluride Bike Park still rideable?

Hey everyone,

I was planning on doing either the 24 Hours of Moab or the Red Bull Burner, but unfortunately both of those plans fell through. So, me and a friend of mine are thinking about checking out Telluride's new bike park this weekend.

According to their website, it should still be open and since it is only mid-mountain I'd assume that it would be rideable, but I figured it would be best to check...
    Speed has never killed anybody. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you.

www.danwalkerphotovideo.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

No prooblem

No reason it should close early. No significant rain or snow in this area recently.
    Randy

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    We are planning to head to Telluride in the morning - any news on conditions or feedback on the trails at the new Park.

mtbr member
    www.weather.gov then search for telluride, CO. It seems that if the weather is good the trails are open and the gondola always runs(free!)
    Loose is fast, on the edge is out of control.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    High of 59, breezy - looks like a go.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    F.Y.I.- There was a sign posted in the gondola bldg yesterday (thursday) that said the Bike Park was closed for the season due to conditions. We got some snow on mon, tues, and wed. I spoke with one of the trail builders today and he said he checked out the trails last night and they were too sloppy to ride. He stated that they may open them up sat afternoon if the weather warms up. unfortunately, no phone numbers avail for updates.

Airborne Flight Crew
    Try calling the gondola station - sometimes they can give a heads up... If you get someone cool, they'll ask around for you. I think tomorrow (Saturday) is the last official day the park is open?
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    When I was there on the 10th the operator said the 18th was the last day of the season.