Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Telluride Area Single Track Recommendations

I'm in the Telluride area at the end of July / first of August and would like some recommendations for some sweet single-track trails.

Don't mind climbing for a good trail.

I'm happy to reciprocate trail data for you if you’re ever in the Las Vegas area.

Thank you.

Rodney MTB

BSG
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Tons of great riding in Telluride

Mill Creek- Its a short ride but if you only have an hour it gives you a nice climb leading to some good single track. Be careful once you hit Jud Wiebe. Its loose and heavily trafficked by hikers

Eider Creek- My favorite trail- Very tough climb singletrack climb to a great decent that leads to mill creek. 2 hours from town. You can go left on deep creek that adds some time. Personally I find the decent if you go left on deep creek to be slightly brutal and loose.

Alta Lakes- Really the jem of tride riding. Around three hours roundtrip if you start on top of the gondola and ride prospect. Almost all singletrack with enough climbing to keep you entertained but nothing to steep or long.

Wasach Connector- Again off the top of the gondola. Big climb and at least the way I go there is a 10 minute hike but it leads to one of the coolest high mountain(Over 12k) singletrack downhills. Its certainly has a few sections that I walk(falling would be bad) but its very rideable and spectacular. I certainly find it way more enjoyable then wasach trail(lower section is the same).

There are many more

bsg

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    When doing Alta Lakes, don't forget to add the T35 trail down to Illium.

BSG
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NTsnow View Post
    When doing Alta Lakes, don't forget to add the T35 trail down to Illium.
    t- 35 is the only way to go in my mind for alta lakes. The name of t35 is Sushine trail(it used to be near a 35mph speed sign when you cross hwy 145. Its now a 40 mph sign

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The name of T-35, is T-35. F the FS for attempting to rename a MTB trail, made by mountain bikers!

BSG
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rtsideup View Post
    The name of T-35, is T-35. F the FS for attempting to rename a MTB trail, made by mountain bikers!
    First im pretty sure the trail was created by dirt bikers. Second if you are telling someone to ride a trail its nice to give them the name that is now on the trail( you must be really pissed off about papa smurf). Personally sunshine trail sounds nice to me.
    bsg

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    ^^^it was a combination of both, really. Those were fun days, 'super-secret handshake' ride at the time....
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the info. Keep my info if your in the Las Vegas area and looking to ride.
    Looking forward to getting out of the heat this summer.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Had several solid rides last week. Thanks again for the info.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Wasatch Trail from the top of bridal veil around to bear creek

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSG View Post
    Tons of great riding in Telluride

Wasach Connector- Again off the top of the gondola. Big climb and at least the way I go there is a 10 minute hike but it leads to one of the coolest high mountain(Over 12k) singletrack downhills. Its certainly has a few sections that I walk(falling would be bad) but its very rideable and spectacular. I certainly find it way more enjoyable then wasach trail(lower section is the same).

There are many more

bsg
    Is the Wasatch Connector part of See Forever? Haven't seen "connector" shown on a map.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Is the Wasatch Connector part of See Forever? Haven't seen "connector" shown on a map.
    Bump

BSG
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wasach connector is off of see forever past the tempter house. It drops into bear creek and connects to Wasatch trail.
    Telluride EPIC MTB Wasatch connection 9/8/2011 HD - YouTube

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSG View Post
    Wasach connector is off of see forever past the tempter house. It drops into bear creek and connects to Wasatch trail.
    Telluride EPIC MTB Wasatch connection 9/8/2011 HD - YouTube
    Cool! Thanks for the linky!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm comming down next weekend for a short trip.
    Got a good book, map or shop to recommend for trails?
    How's the leaf color?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsbiker View Post
    I'm comming down next weekend for a short trip.
    Got a good book, map or shop to recommend for trails?
    How's the leaf color?
    Leaf color wil be in "prime time". There a good usgs map at the bookstore in town.

BSG
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There is a good bike map that they sell at almost every bike shop.
    Telluride's Best Hiking & Biking Trail Map by Tor Anderson | Between the Covers Bookstore
    Thats me on the cover but i will not disclose the location.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Any suggestions for dinner, coffee etc, while I'm here? Just ate at Rustictia(?) awesome. What else?

mtbr member
    Cowboy Coffee, yes, for coffee, a locals favorite, Siam, my personal Thai favorite...(the "on the porch" menu is an unbeatable value), Flavor Telluride for lunch, Hongas', another local fav, There, friends say is their fav, and the Sheridan bar is a true bar/hangout. And actually Allreds (Gondola Station Saint Sophia) for happy hour/burger isn't that high $ and has great view.
    Last edited by Simplemind; 09-22-2012 at 07:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    La Cocina (also great breakfast and lunch), Siam, Chair 8 (or whatever it's called these days, can't remember) for dinner. Coffee Cowboy (cart by La Cocina) for coffee. Butcher and the Baker or La Cocina for breakfast.

If you want to spend $$$, La Marmotte and the Sheridan Chop House are awesome for dinner.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Rode out to Alta Lakes yesterday, had trouble finding the trail past the Boomerang trailhead sign, followed the road out to the ghost town and found lots of great trails down to co-145, then hit Sunshine, awesome colors, hit Galloping Goose, and the Valley floor trail back into town.

mtbr member
    Rode out to Alta Lakes yesterday, had trouble finding the trail past the Boomerang trailhead sign, followed the road out to the ghost town and found lots of great trails down to co-145, then hit Sunshine, awesome colors, hit Galloping Goose, and the Valley floor trail back into town.
    That's a great ride. You can catch the Goose (bus) back from T35/Illium as well.
    Don't rush back...it's 95* here today!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    That's a great ride. You can catch the Goose (bus) back from T35/Illium as well.
    Don't rush back...it's 95* here today!
    Rush back?? Im out of Steamboat Springs, aka SBS. Had a great time in Telluride, I may rush back to ski this mountain, but will take it slow on the drive up the western slope, to enjoy the great colors of fall.

mtbr member
    Rush back?? Im out of Steamboat Springs, aka SBS. Had a great time in Telluride, I may rush back to ski this mountain, but will take it slow on the drive up the western slope, to enjoy the great colors of fall.
    Sorry, thought you were from Tejas. My bad

mtbr member
    Can anyone provide any input/recomendations about these or any epic rides during late summer2013? it be great to meet up and ride with someone.

-Telluride>Sunshine Mesa>Wilson Mesa>Woods Lake>hwy 145>Telluride
    (i've been to the top of sunshine mesa but very interested hitting wilson mesa>woods lake & bomb down to 145)

-Telluride>Illium South Fork Road>Ophir Pass>Hwy 550>Black Bear Pass>Telluride
    (i'm dying to check this out. Ive still never been to the top of black bear pass)

-Is Boggy Draw In Delores still happening? I loved this place 5 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast