Thread: Tell U Ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Tell U Ride

I've been to Telluride to race but have never spent anymore time in the area..

trail and epic reccomendations for very fit and pretty skilled rider? as well as some easier rides for an option if I have a tag along who isnt as lucky as me and rides quite a bit less.

thanks

Az HS Cycling League
    I am not a local, however I spend quite a few days there in the summer. The trails I have found for the the fit rider would be Deep Creek trail, Eider Creek trail, Mill Creek and Jud Wiebe trail. All can be linked up together for a great, long, tough ride. All by themselves, they offer a really nice shorter ride. I also have really liked riding the Gondola to the top, ride Prospect Basin, to the Alta Lakes trails, down to Sunshine (T 35 I think) and then back to town on the Galloping Goose trail.

For the less experienced I like the trail along the river through town and up to the end of the canyon to see Bridal Veil falls.

The last one I will recommend is the road up to and past Bridal Veil Falls, up to the house and then onto the Wasatch Trail. I haven't been able to complete the loop around back to Bear Creek Falls but have ridden as an out and back as far as I had time for.

Stop in Tellluride Sports or Paragon Bikes to get a really nice map of the area (maybe $10). Maybe a local will provide better info but this is what I have experience with. It is amazing riding but way thin on oxygen for a flat lander like me. Good luck.
    Support Arizona High School Cycling League
    www.arizonamtb.org