DGC
    mtbr member

technical ride ideas???

Ride suggestions?:
    I am looking to be in Colorado riding September 14-20 roughly, I am planning on doing some CB stuff again, I have done 401, .....Reno, Flag, Bear, .....upper upper loop all 2 years ago. Have done a few rides near Vail before....Son of middle, and Buffehr creek.
    I am hoping to do Monarch Pass, but am wondering about some of the Colorado Trail sections. What I would like to ride is some stuff with decent technical decending if possible. High elevation and good views is fine. I don't care much for 30+ mile rides.
    Any ideas?
    On my Vail map Camp Hale to Kokomo Pass looks interesting, or the other side from Copper Mountain up to Searle Pass or up Miners Creek. How are these sections of the CT?

Thanks for any info.
    OUCH...!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Green's & Foose's Creek off of Monarch. Green's is probably one of the best top to bottom technical trails out there. Also Canyon Creek in the same area will give you a great challenge up and down. Also Hartman's offers a fine variety of technical trails (Freefall, rattlesnake, ring dike, ect.)

Blargh
    Apr 2004
    Fish Creek Falls trail in Steamboat will give you all the technical descending you could want.

DGC
    mtbr member

driving route

Quote Originally Posted by gunnirider
    Green's & Foose's Creek off of Monarch. Green's is probably one of the best top to bottom technical trails out there. Also Canyon Creek in the same area will give you a great challenge up and down. Also Hartman's offers a fine variety of technical trails (Freefall, rattlesnake, ring dike, ect.)
    Thanks for the info you guys, though I do think Steamboat is a bit out of the way for me. I probably will ride something out of, or near Copper Mtn. after CB and Monarch.
    OUCH...!!!!!!

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    On my Vail map Camp Hale to Kokomo Pass looks interesting, or the other side from Copper Mountain up to Searle Pass or up Miners Creek. How are these sections of the CT?
    All have sections that have rocks and roots, but not techical by the standards of 6" 30+lb bike standards. Copper to Searle is the least and Miners creek is the most technical. All involve big climbs

DGC
    mtbr member

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zrm
    All have sections that have rocks and roots, but not techical by the standards of 6" 30+lb bike standards. Copper to Searle is the least and Miners creek is the most technical. All involve big climbs
    Thanks for the info.
    OUCH...!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Agate Creek off of the crest has sustained techy pitches. I like it better than Greens because there are some good ups in it too. Also, Vitamin B in Buena Vista if you can find it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Tech rides near CB:

413, 409.5 to 402, Teo, Beckweth Pass/Lost Lake as an out and back, reno/double diamond/bear/deadmans' (DD is unmarked out old italian creek road- replacing flag)

Or just go here: http://www.14erskiers.com/franksblog...-biking-guide/

DGC
    mtbr member

info

Quote Originally Posted by cbmtbr
    Tech rides near CB:

413, 409.5 to 402, Teo, Beckweth Pass/Lost Lake as an out and back, reno/double diamond/bear/deadmans' (DD is unmarked out old italian creek road- replacing flag)

Or just go here: http://www.14erskiers.com/franksblog...-biking-guide/
    Thanks again you guys, I am looking forward to some riding in a few weeks out there.
    Here are some picture of the stuffI ride in Tahoe if it helps to give you an idea., still I am looking forward to riding CB again, Monarch and a few other areas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OUCH...!!!!!!

mtbr member
    You can also hit Canyon Creek (Whitepine) by Monarch, that trail is technical up and down, but if you want the over the top Horseshoe creek next to Canyon Creek is burley.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Ride 409.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    409 is tech, but it's like booking a week's vacation at the Suxor hotel.

Some of those photos look like the could have come straight from Green's and Fooses, so you should probably do those at Monarch for sure

In CB, you really should check out 413, it's tech, but looser than the stuff you posted. We did 409.5 to 402 on Sunday, and that's about as good as it gets. Such an awesome day.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cbmtbr
    409 is tech, but it's like booking a week's vacation at the Suxor hotel.

Some of those photos look like the could have come straight from Green's and Fooses, so you should probably do those at Monarch for sure

In CB, you really should check out 413, it's tech, but looser than the stuff you posted. We did 409.5 to 402 on Sunday, and that's about as good as it gets. Such an awesome day.
    Sowar? That you?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brad h
    Sowar? That you?
    Nah, not Pete. I can't even get him to ride 413. But he did tell me about the DD replacement for Flag that I mentioned above.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Crag Crest on Grand Mesa has what you are looking for.

jummo

DGC
    mtbr member

thanks

thanks for all the info and ideas, it should be a good trip.
    OUCH...!!!!!!