mtbr member

Taylor Res construction?

Hi All,

We were out a few weeks ago and there was some construction on CO 742 around where Harmels is. Didn't impact us at all, but I was curious if they are still doing construction and if there are delays between Taylor res and Almont. Headed to CB and trying to decide whether to take Cottonwood pass or go through Gunny.

Many thanks.
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Construction is expected to take all summer, and they have often been working as late as 7. Delays can be 20-30 minutes. OTOH, the dirt part of Cottonwood has been in excellent/near paved shape (although I haven't been on it since the rains). As much as I hate to say it, Monarch is faster right now unless you're really early or late.

mtbr member
    Cool, thanks for the beta. Gunny it is. Maybe we'll hit Cottonwood on the way back on Sunday - I love that drive!
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'm planning on camping at One Mile Campground in Taylor Canyon in about 2 weeks with the family for 3 days of biking around C. Butte. Any idea if construction is occuring directly adjacent to this campground. That would kind of be a bummer if heavy machinery was in proximity the eniter time.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    ^^ Smack dab in the middle of it. Last time I drove through there I remember thinking how much it must suck to be camping there during construction.