mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Summit County - Clothing Suggestions

Will be spending the first week of August exploring the singletrack around Dillon. Should I carry a jacket? And if so, any recommendations?

Thanks. And my apologies if this is the wrong forum if if the issue has been addressed before.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yes. You should always carry a rain shell.

If you are planning to be above treeline, i add a long sleeve shirt and leggings.

Do not let the cloudless Colorado mornings fool you.

The forecast for everyday in July and August is "Clear in the morning with a chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon".

jummo

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I think a twin button linen blazer, dark blue, would be your best bet. Light, comfortable, and fits in for most occasions, formal yet relaxed. This way, if you stumble upon an alfresco dinner party or whatnot, you will be acceptable, yet not overdressed, and blue goes well with just about anything.

otherwise, a light rainshell in your pack is nice to have.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by snark7 View Post
    I think a twin button linen blazer, dark blue, would be your best bet. Light, comfortable, and fits in for most occasions, formal yet relaxed. This way, if you stumble upon an alfresco dinner party or whatnot, you will be acceptable, yet not overdressed, and blue goes well with just about anything.

otherwise, a light rainshell in your pack is nice to have.
    I was thinking a light grey given that I'll be in black shorts and on a silver SB-95. Now the real question: pocket square? And if so, what color? I was thinking maybe a Yeti Turquoise.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    Yes. You should always carry a rain shell.

If you are planning to be above treeline, i add a long sleeve shirt and leggings.

Do not let the cloudless Colorado mornings fool you.

The forecast for everyday in July and August is "Clear in the morning with a chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon".

jummo
    Thanks. I think I knew the answer to that question but it's hard to get your mind around it after you've been riding for a month in 95+ degree temps and high humidity.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I always carry at least a rain shell, leg warmers and arm warmers. That stuff just lives in my pack.

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    I always carry a rain shell, a light softshell-like long sleeve shirt, and a light fleece hat in my pack. I also wear ski socks, pushed down when it's warm and pulled up when it's cold. In addition to the afternoon rain, what many people who don't play at high elevation don't realize is that it isn't the same as rain down lower. It doesn't just cool you off from all that hot riding. It gets seriously freaking cold. The fleece hat in particular has been a life saver.