Thread: stolen bike!

actually, on a goat now.

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! stolen bike!

hello, i would first like to thank you for having the kindness to look at this.
    but now, to business. and grim business it is. it's always that way with bike theives, though, i guess.

Diamondback Mission 3

fox 36 float rc2 fork
    fox dhx air 3.0 shock
    mavic ex 823 hoops w/ dt swiss 440 hubs w/RWS in the rear
    truvativ holzfeller crankset w/MRP party crasher bash guard
    shimano deore brakes w/ avid g2 203mm rotor in front, avid g2 160mm in rear.
    x-9 drivetrain, w/ xt front der.

if you see this bike, please message me on here or something, or call the shop i work at, which would be The Bike Shop at (970)243-0807

but most of all, if you see this bike, please kick whoever is riding it in the head really really hard.

THANKS!!
    heads up, i work in a shop that sells cannondale, cervelo, diamondback, raleigh, and niner. now you know.

Tigers love pepper...
    Bummer. Will keep an eye out for it. Hopefully D-line and Doug and the other shop guys in town see this as well. I assume it disappeared here (GJ)?

Are you keeping an eye on craigslist and eBay?

actually, on a goat now.
    yeah, the other shops are on look out too already. yep, right out of my driveway, right around 29 and F1/2.

i certainly am, and one of my co-workers told about a website dedicated to stolen outdoor goods, karmaarmy.com, so that should be helpful too.
    heads up, i work in a shop that sells cannondale, cervelo, diamondback, raleigh, and niner. now you know.

mtbr member
    That sucks real bad. I've a had a few bikes stolen and it was one of the few times in my life I have felt the urge towards violence. Keeping an eye out and a fist clenched....

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Bummer! I just had a customer that had two bikes stolen from his garage. A grey anodized Pivot Mach 5, full XTR, DT 4.2 240 wheels, and his son's Specialized FSR, V-brake, yellow /green. There is way to many of these thefts going around. Will look out for you, and sorry.

Tigers love pepper...
    Kinda curious if it was on your car (locked?) or just left out front momentarily. Basically, was it crime of opportunity or did they have to do some planning (cutting or breaking locks, etc)?

I've left my garage open for hours at a time with the bike in plain view and always think afterwords "gee, why don't I make it easier to steal!" Bad habit I need to break.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Cobi, I wasn't sure if you were talking to me or On A Mission. My customer wasn't sure if he left his garage door open or not, but you are treading on thin ice if you leave your garage door open. Had another friend in the same neighborhood lose two bike worth $8,000 to theft. (The Ridges is the neighborhood. Large concentration of riders). You be careful to close the garage door!

Tigers love pepper...
    I was talking to OAM, but interesting. Just curious if it's a "hey, look an unlocked bike" situation or if people are targeting them off locked bike racks etc....

Interesting you say that about the ridges though... the guy I borrowed a 29er from last week told me to just leave it out front of his house Sat if he wasn't back. I decided to wait till he was back home. Thanks again Russ!

Hope you get it back On a Mission! This thread should attract a bunch of extra eyes around here.

Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Duhgiefresh
    You be careful to close the garage door!
    I can give you an address where an old, beat up 575 lives. If that ride disappears, it might make a new 7 a reality!

actually, on a goat now.
    it was the one time i didn't put it back in the garage after getting home from a ride. so it was somewhat a "hey, look" situation, but they would have had to have walked past my truck, my mom's jeep, the family s.u.v, the trailer with the four-wheelers on it, and up to the (closed) garage door to have the "hey, look" moment. either way, i'd like to have a word with them.

Tigers love pepper...
    Bump...

This might be worth looking at:
    Would you buy from a misinformed seller?

I PM'ed On a Mission and called the shop to let him know it might be worth looking into (talked with Keith I think as OAM isn't in yet today). There's a lot of confusion over what components the one in the other thread has, so I thought better safe than sorry.

Tigers love pepper...
    Nevermind, probably not the same.... I think I found the craigslist ad he's referring to:
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/bik/1456653579.html

If so, it lists quite a few different components. Specialized tires, hayes brakes, etc...

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    There seems to be some "new" thieves in the GJ area, and they are VERY bold! My neighbor lost two bikes out of his garage, and he was in the house when it happened.

The GJPD told him that these guys cruise the neighborhoods, just looking for an opportunity.

Good luck finding yours, as my neighbor has had no luck with his.

Model of Grace and Tact
    Rick is right, my Nomad was stolen out of my closed garage at night while I was asleep. Bold.