Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FruitaGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    115

    Someone asked for pics from Fruita....

    I can't remember who it was, but someone in another post asked to see pics of some of the trails around the Fruita area, so I took some! All are from my cell phone, but I think you'll definitely get the idea...
    From Mary's Loop:


    From Rustler's loop:


    From the 28 Road trails, I think this was part of the Edge loop???


    Prime Cut trail:


    Kessels Run:


    Another "local resident":


    This one is kind of a bummer..you can't ride down in here anymore, it's foot/equestrian traffic only...but it gives you a good idea of what the majority of the scenery is in the area:


    Anyhoo...hope you all enjoy the pics.
    This post brought to you and provided by:

    The Department of Redundancy Department

  2. #2
    Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    Reputation: bones get broke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    983
    Those are pretty good photos from a cell phone.

    I'm always amazed at the area closures to cycling while the equestrian crowd maintains access.
    .....cheatin' life, and peelin' out on the lawn.........
    -Sage Francis

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by bones get broke
    I'm always amazed at the area closures to cycling while the equestrian crowd maintains access.
    It's all about the money. Think about it.

    Exactly the same as Northern California in the early 1980s.

  4. #4
    Currywurst
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    529
    pic from Horsethiefs..made the front page of the Steamboat Pilot
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by RickC5
    It's all about the money. Think about it.

    Exactly the same as Northern California in the early 1980s.
    I hate to see any area closed to mountain biking, but there is one positive to the Devil's Canyon/Pollock Bench area being a open to only hikers and horses. It diverts a fair amount of horse traffic away from all the other great singletrack, keeping damage from horses and mtb vs. equestrian conflict to a minimum. That is not to say that you won't see horses on trail, but at least for me it has been seldom.
    Uh-huh, uh-huh. Okay. Um Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about uuhhh, things. Uhh... the things.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: D-line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by weldo
    pic from Horsethiefs..made the front page of the Steamboat Pilot
    Nice pic, to bad that dude is a hack

  7. #7
    Currywurst
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    529
    as you can see there is Grassroots jersey on this dirty welder hack

  8. #8
    user-created
    Reputation: singletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,181
    It's a good thing we have this thread; otherwise there would be no pics of Fruita trails on MTBR.

  9. #9
    Currywurst
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    529
    best pic of Kessel that I have seen...perty much sums it up
    Pic of some asshat on the TF area

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: D-line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by weldo
    as you can see there is Grassroots jersey on this dirty welder hack

    Hacks all around here, but thats a good thing

  11. #11
    Currywurst
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by weldo
    best pic of Kessel that I have seen...perty much sums it up
    Pic of some asshat on the TF area
    -wouldn't let me upload this one
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #12
    Bite Me.
    Reputation: cutthroat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,546
    This one is in this month's MBA - and another from the Lunch Loops.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

  13. #13
    user-created
    Reputation: singletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,181
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    This one is in this month's MBA - and another from the Lunch Loops.
    The one from Steve's would be a lot cooler if the guy had actually ridden out there. Somehow I doubt that's what happened!
    Last edited by singletrack; 07-01-2009 at 01:19 PM.

  14. #14
    Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    Reputation: bones get broke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    983


    PPPPfffffffff.....this trail doesn't look fun at all.
    .....cheatin' life, and peelin' out on the lawn.........
    -Sage Francis

  15. #15
    Currywurst
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    The one from Steve's would be a lot cooler if the guy had actually ridden out there. Somehow I doubt that's what happened!
    x2....

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    175
    what would be a good xc scenic trail for an Okie? i will be there this weekend through Tuesday.

  17. #17
    Tigers love pepper...
    Reputation: cobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,382
    last night on Rustlers giving the new bike a spin. Also took a total newb buddy out that just bought his bike yesterday.



    You know... Rustlers is kinda fun!!!! Although 6.5" of travel may be overkill ;-)

  18. #18
    Bite Me.
    Reputation: cutthroat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    The one from Steve's would be a lot cooler if the guy had actually ridden out there. Somehow I doubt that's what happened!
    No - a 6 footer to a flat landing wasn't in the cards
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

  19. #19
    Tigers love pepper...
    Reputation: cobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    what would be a good xc scenic trail for an Okie? i will be there this weekend through Tuesday.
    You might start off with Rustlers or Mary's in Loma. If thats not "XC" enough someone else may have better suggestions than me (I'm only just back into the sport and have only done a limited number of trails).

    Or do you want to get up into the mountains out of the heat and hit that kind of stuff (trees, shade...) If so, there are many choices on the Grand Mesa or Uncompahgre Plateau. But you have to drive a little.

  20. #20
    Tigers love pepper...
    Reputation: cobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,382
    Cutthroat, I assume that overlook must be on Andy's or Ribbon? I rode Andy's like 12 years ago, but don't remember it too well.

  21. #21
    Bite Me.
    Reputation: cutthroat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by cobi
    Cutthroat, I assume that overlook must be on Andy's or Ribbon? I rode Andy's like 12 years ago, but don't remember it too well.
    The first shot is off Steve's Loop - the second shot is off Miramonte, it's a steep connector back down to the main Tabeguache trail. As you ride up towards Widowmaker it comes down the weird sketchy ash heap of a hill on your left. I don't know if it has a name (that's not me getting the air by the way).
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

  22. #22
    Tigers love pepper...
    Reputation: cobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,382
    Gotcha. I misread it... you said "and another from lunch loops" I thought you were saying the overlook was lunch loops. Maybe the river should have clued me in

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by cobi
    You might start off with Rustlers or Mary's in Loma. If thats not "XC" enough someone else may have better suggestions than me (I'm only just back into the sport and have only done a limited number of trails).

    Or do you want to get up into the mountains out of the heat and hit that kind of stuff (trees, shade...) If so, there are many choices on the Grand Mesa or Uncompahgre Plateau. But you have to drive a little.
    thanks, yeah i was just looking for some desert stuff, i will be headed to Crested Butte later next week for moutain stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •