North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004

Shout out to Grand Junction trailbuilders and maintainers

I know you guys always hear the bad but never the good so thought I would chime in.

Spending the week here riding and just did Lunch Loop (Pet-E-Kes, High Noon, Holy Cross, bit of Gunni then back on Kurt's Trail).

Wow are they ever well-signed.

Boy is the maintenance impressive; incredible use of rock. That must have taken some time

For the use they get from hikers/ bikers etc (I'm just guessing they're well used since the parking lot is big and facilities are nice) they're still pretty nice and narrow "single"track. Impressive.

Without fail, everyone we met on the trail (hikers, bikers, dog-walkers) were nice.

Love the use of terrain. Trails routed on ridges, half-piped rocks, techy uphill and downhill moves on rock features. Not trails for the lazy.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    thank the blm for being nice an letting us build trail

mtbr member
    You're welcome, always a good time out there..

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    figured that I would give a shout out to all the guys and gals that did trail work on sat. Wasn't able to make it, but the trails are riding well, a tad loose, but nontheless sweet..good job on " pucker up" rode it last night and its riding very well james

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by weldo
    figured that I would give a shout out to all the guys and gals that did trail work on sat. Wasn't able to make it, but the trails are riding well, a tad loose, but nontheless sweet..good job on " pucker up" rode it last night and its riding very well james
    Nice, thanks.. But thank my slaves, I just pointed my finger. HAHA

mtbr member

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    I rode the new trail last night, I would recommend bringing a 12pack of Coronita's, a beach chair, umbrella...and horsepower. It will be nice next summer, but damn, its the beach right now.
    New trail name : la arena de los conquistadors

Jul 2009
    Rode it Sunday. It will be a great trail once its gets seasoned, but for now, do a rain dance or pray to the anthropomorphized cosmic force of your choice for rain.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004

Lunch Loop sampler trails - Grand Junction Colorado from Lee Lau on Vimeo.

Rode up Pet-e-kes. Then over to High Noon - up Lemon Squeezer - then ambled over to Holy Cross. Then Gunni Loop. Back on Carl's then Bentonite Hill. Lots of scratches but no blood transfusions necessary. In GJ you don't erode the trails - the trails erode you (only half-joking)
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/