Trying to grow a mustache

Salida ride ideas....

Going to Salida tomorrow and need a ride we can do from town. We'll be doing Monarch on Sat, just need something that we can start mid day and be home before dark...

Thanks
    Vintage-Retro-Pragmatist

I ride with tools
    Have you looked in the trail reviews here on MTBR? I think the ride you're looking for is Methodist mountain section of the rainbow trail. From just east of town you ride up a dirt road to Rainbow trail, ride that west for ~7 miles, then rip down the hard-to-find Guts trail. Or just ride back the way you came. Either one is a blast.

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man
    Going to Salida tomorrow and need a ride we can do from town. We'll be doing Monarch on Sat, just need something that we can start mid day and be home before dark...

Thanks
    Not sure of the name, but there is a series of roads / trails / gullies that loop up way back behind the big S on the hill. I think I too, found that one in the trail reviews section.

Trying to grow a mustache
    Thanks guys, I'll check out the reviews too....
    Vintage-Retro-Pragmatist

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man
    Thanks guys, I'll check out the reviews too....
    My bad - it wasn't in the trail reviews - it was in the Guide to Gunnison / Crested Butte / Salida Singletrack written by Holly Annala - available in the bike shops.

Holly knows her stuff. If she says a trail will take 3 hours and is moderately hard, it really is.

Towlie for prez
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    Not sure of the name, but there is a series of roads / trails / gullies that loop up way back behind the big S on the hill. I think I too, found that one in the trail reviews section.
    Those trails are gonna be hotter than hell this time of year.....hit the rainbow trail imo

And make sure to stop at absolute cycles,they are a great shop w/no attitude