mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Salida Area Recommendations

I am going to be in the Salida area from 7/18 7/25. Looking for some advice for single-track trails in the area. I am planning to ride Monarch, but I am not sure where else to ride.
    Any recommendations are welcome.
    (Looking forward to getting out of the 110-degree heat in beautiful La s Vegas.)
    Thanks.

Schipperkes are cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    we did the Rainbow trail from Bear Creek but did it as an out n back to Methodist mtn. trail runs great in both directions so there is really no need to scoot all the way back down to town then grunt back up to your vehicle, unless you really abhor out n back rides. It was about 16 miles, I think the initial climb is about 1000 feet. if you have a really jacked up 4x4 or really don't care about your vehicle you can technically drive over the cattle grate and all the way to the trailhead, but I wouldnt recommend it.
    We also rode the colorado trail from the Chalk creek trailhead south as well as the Mt Princeton north, again doing out n backs, both alot of fun. The CT from rt 50 going back towards Chalk mtn should be pretty good too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Anyone of these should work...

Could it be that the mystery has been hanging out hiding in a whiskey shot?