I just wanted to throw some praise out there for Gary and his crew at 2ndavesports. My wife and I were in Durango a few weeks ago to enjoy the area, although we have lived in Colorado, we never visited this side of the state. I had made sure prior to our trip, to throw out a few E-mails to ensure we would be able to rent some bikes, and let them know which sizes we would need.

We got to the shop a day before we were going to rent, and talked the rentals over, and reserved a pair of Yeti ASR-5s.

Day of the rental, we picked up the bikes, they provided Helmets, Patch repair kit and a Trail Suggestion. After our first set of trails, we swung by the shop, left the bikes with them while we grabbed a bit to eat at a place they recommended (Home Slice Pizza) - their Pizza and Calzone were great.

After lunch went back for a ride, and around 5pm we called it quits and returned the bikes.

On a side note: I am sorry to have forgotten the staffs names but from the young lady behind the corner, the mechanics and sales reps everyone was awesome. They helped set up the bikes, even setting the Suspension, and we purchased a few items.

Definitely worth checking out, they had all kinds of rentals, and were working on all kinds of bikes - vintage, road etc. Even if you are a Cyclist and were not planning on riding in the area, at least stop by and check it out - Good Positive People.

Here is their Site: 2ndAveSports - HOME