mtbr member
    May 2006

Please take my Colorado survey for class project

Howdy fellow mtb-ers,

I'm a CU student needing some help gathering opinions of outdoor vacations for one of my class projects. My survey is 22 short questions and should take you about 10 minutes tops to complete. Here's the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...vUTT_2fA_3d_3d

I'd really appreciate it if those interested in helping me out to do so at your next earliest convenience. Most importantly, I'm looking for honest responses only. (and no, I cannot offer compensation, sorry, poor college student!, but I can let you know of the results if you want)

This is the first and only posting I will make in this forum in this regard.

Thank you in advance!

Long Live Long Rides
    May 2008

Done, but...

Glad to help, but posting this on a MTB site and leaving Fruita and GJ off the list of locations - or including it in the same region as Winter Park is a bit odd.

Ride to the ride.
    I tried to take it but it just pissed me off.

Summit county isn't northwest Colorado. Where the heck is the whole Colorado River corridor? Glenwood Springs to Grand Junction/Fruita at the very least. Ya know, like for rafting and kayaking and hiking and mountain biking and skiing/snowboarding and hunting and climbing and fishing? And why can I be involved in backcountry skiing, but not backcountry snowboarding?

I don't know what you're really after, but your survey seems flawed to me. Call me out on my local pride, but I feel like we're known for that kind of stuff in Western Colorado. I guess I shouldn't complain if it keeps you and your ilk from packaging "the Colorado Experience" into a shiny industrial tourism nugget suitable for framing.

I'll be outside playing. Good luck.

--Greg
    Photos and adventures being logged at Dirt & Dogs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I agree with the other folks posting on this thread: You have totally ignored the Western Slope! What's up with that?

BTW- We don't like to be lumped in with the ski areas in the mountains.

Try again if you want some responses from us.

mtbr member
    We do have powder on the Western Slope, but it usually comes in a bit earlier than the ski areas - July or so. 4-6" of it, mixed with loose rocks.

mtbr member
    Taken.

bikexor
    Survey Closed.
    Little Shred Riding Hood